Tier System for FP+

stevehousse

Crazy talk! The rep might think they r going away, I mean they didn't always hav the tiers the whole time. MK when FP+ was first utilized at MK had tiers, but it literally went away in about 3 weeks! Epcot and DHS had the tiers starting at the end of November and have continued on still. They could change it back, but who knows??? I'm just glad I was able to go when none of the parks had tiers! I hate that maelstrom is mixed in with the top tiers, it shouldn't be...

JohnD

My husband was shocked when the rep said that! It explains why the reps are being really vague when answering my husband's questions. ( if they can't tell certain things or admit the system is having problems) He did ask if the tiers had to with spring break and busier times coming up. The rep hinted it had something to do with spring break and it's still in testing. The rep did say don't worry about the tiers. We shouldn't see them when we go to book at 60 days out. Who knows if that is true or if they were just saying that to get him off the phone!! Guess we will see if a few months.

Hmm. Interesting. When does your 60 day window start? Mine starts on February 4. I'll believe there no tiers when I see it for myself.

tink33

I forgot to say it was a manager at customer service he talked to. My husband asked to speak to a manager when the last rep told him you could book all 3 of your passes for the same ride. They didn't have to be different rides. The manager said to book our passes at 30 days out because the tiers should be gone by then. That would mean mid to end April. I'll believe it when I see it.

I forgot to say it was a manager at customer service he talked to. My husband asked to speak to a manager when the last rep told him you could book all 3 of your passes for the same ride. They didn't have to be different rides. The manager said to book our passes at 30 days out because the tiers should be gone by then. That would mean mid to end April. I'll believe it when I see it.
Wow. I am pretty upset about this tier thing. I booked and bought into the FP+ concept and the CM never told me about the tiers ect. When I did learn of it I started a thread here about my regret. Now it's even bigger. If my kids weren't excited about our end of March trip, I'd cancel before my window closes. I'm going to likely be penalized by going during the busy Spring Break season? So we are paying peek season prices for resort rooms and airfare and this is what happens? Booooo I am disillusioned. I know you are all laughing at that one. Oh well I'll keep folks posted because my FP+ window opens on Sunday. Yay, not

The FP+ for Fantasmic gets you IN ...and THAT'S IT. That's what a whole lot of people have complained about. They assumed that since it's the upper tier ...there are benefits ...when in actuality ...it's a waste.

.....just another case of WDW pulling a fast one so they can spread the crowd around because there aren't enough attractions to justify even going to the park.
I am so glad to know this. Thanks for the heads up!~ But I guess it won't be as bad for the folks who visit in May/June onward because according to a poster here, her hubby was told by a reservation manage to wait to book FP+ until mid April because the tiers will be GONE. So if you do use the FP for Illuminations at least you didn't waste your only Tier 1 for the day :p

JerseyDad

I am so glad to know this. Thanks for the heads up!~ But I guess it won't be as bad for the folks who visit in May/June onward because according to a poster here, her hubby was told by a reservation manage to wait to book FP+ until mid April because the tiers will be GONE. So if you do use the FP for Illuminations at least you didn't waste your only Tier 1 for the day :p

...but still ...for the foreseeable future ...you still get 3 FP+ reservations per day. There is NO reason to get a FP for Illuminations ...ever....it's a complete waste ...and another WDW ploy to make you think you are "getting something ...for something". When in reality ...Illuminations is free to all that enter Epcot ...and to use a FP+ on it ...has no positive benefit.

tink33

Once our fast pass window opens, I'll post how it goes. Should we book at 60 days then keep checking to see if the tiers disappear? Or just wait until 30 days? Serenity now!

Dwarful

I called to ask about our reservation. First the rep wouldn't admit to the Tier system either. Finally, after I kept pressing the issue it was admitted that the Tiers are at Epcot and HS. We are seriously thinking of getting hopper tickets now. We know we will only have one early entry day at each of the parks based on their calendar. I am thinking of using our two days at Epcot...going in early one day and at rope drop the other. First day hit Soarin' then single rider TT...then do other attractions until we leave that park and use the days FP's at another park. Second day use FP's at Epcot go straight to TT, FP Soarin then if we want to ride TT again single rider line it again. It not firm...still playing with some schedules and meals...but this is sooooo annoying as all of the 2nd tier at Epcot seem like a waste of FPs.

tink33

You can do whichever u like! Remeber those times aren't set in stone and can be changed at any time.
Right, we can change them. Which is good. My husband is worried about not getting passes for "popular" rides, like Toy Story Mania. Plus there are other people we are traveling with. So getting passes at the same time may be tricky.

MikeTaylorSound

Upon learning about this, I have to say the tier system is a bad idea (putting it mildly) if implemented across the board; it should only be applied to AP's who have plenty of opportunities to visit all year (who can actually utilize this system efficiently) and offsite guests. If the company is really worried about FP+ selections running out before they have a chance to make their selections at the FP+ Kiosks day of... it seems like they're paying attention to the wrong guests. The reason they're staying offsite is to visit UNI during their trip and spend half days at HS and AK anyway, so I see no advantage to cater to this demographic while the only "benefits" of staying on property are currently Extra Magic Hours, Trams (but anyone can hop on a tram), and Magical Express.

It may only still be in the testing phase, so there's "hope", but I am pessimistic.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom