Tier System for FP+

LaurenTheSLP

Original Poster
This may have already been mentioned somewhere on the boards but I could not locate the information, so please forgive me...

I am way outside of my 60 day window to make FP selections but I'm curious as to the choices for MK. It is disheartening to know that we only get 3 and that there are certain ones we have to choose between. :(

Ember

I'm curious to know how it works as well. From what I have read it appears that MK doesn't have the tier, only Epcot and DHS which makes sense because they only have a few really popular attractions. I may be wrong though.

quirkle

Book ur fast pass as so as possible. I booked mine before the tiering and each day had 3 tier 1 attractions. That did not change when they changed. It did change when I changed FP but I was able to get help getting things back from a cm

Dwarful

This upcoming trip we will have two full days at each park except AK and that will be one full day and possibly a half day. With this new tiered system of FP+ I almost feel like I am going to need an excel spreadsheet to plan our vacation.

seafoodbuffet

Since this tiering is obviously a nod back to the old days of physical tickets, I wonder how long before you can "buy" extra FPs.

This is exactly where I'd bet they are going. It's a hidden way of increasing park admission costs without overtly doing so (kinda like selling 1.8quarts of milk at the same half gallon price). Linked to instant, maybe mobile payments, I'd be a sucker for splurging on an FP+ slot when I see PeterPan with a 180minute wait and I've burned my 3 FP+ slots on other attractions.

quirkle

They sent me a survey when we came back all about our trip. Anywhere I could I said that my biggest problems were not enough fast passes and not being able to book fast passes for multiple parks. I think I might have even added that as a comment for the transportation and dining plan - hope they get the message. :joyfull:

On another note I also wrote that onsite guests should have more fast passes - if we are :greedy::greedy::greedy::greedy: we should get more. :)

wdwgreek

What is the guess for this tier system, like a rough tier outline would be nice if anyone knows or wants to make one. :)

stevehousse

I honestly believe that unless MK has major issues when rolling out FP+ only for everyone, it won't get a tiered system...

MK is the only park that actually has enough attractions to properly "control crowds" so to speak with this system. The only reason Epcot and HS have the tiered system is because there are only 2-3 "must do" rides in those parks, and they obviously can't have every single guest choosing these as options for obvious reasons. AK, although only has a few rides as well, the capacity of those rides are astronomically higher than the rides at the other parks.

An as for buying extra FP, I don't see that happening. They want guests to stay for longer vacations so they make more money plain and simple. Remember all those quotes of MM+ being a huge revenue generator. Well what's better than someone saying; I'm going to wdw, in the middle of the summer when it's very busy and I only get 3 guranteed rides a day. Well if that's the case, we should do an extra day here or there...

essentially, what's better for corporate Disney an what's gonna make them more money...a couple hundred guests spending an extra $20 bucks for extra FPs, or those couple hundred guests spending $3-400 extra dollars to stay in their resorts for a few extra days so they are "guranteed" to see all their favorites???

Edit: I do know that for a few weeks during the beginning of testing, MK did have a tiered system, but that was thrown out very quickly and the no tier came back and has been that way ever since.

Last edited:

CP_alum08

This is exactly where I'd bet they are going. It's a hidden way of increasing park admission costs without overtly doing so (kinda like selling 1.8quarts of milk at the same half gallon price). Linked to instant, maybe mobile payments, I'd be a sucker for splurging on an FP+ slot when I see PeterPan with a 180minute wait and I've burned my 3 FP+ slots on other attractions.
Couldn't agree more! They'll be heros for not raising ticket prices but they will start charging for more add-ons like FP. And if you could buy them on the fly when you walk up to the kiosk with your magic band...oh man how easy of a sell would that be!

JohnD

I'm curious to know how it works as well. From what I have read it appears that MK doesn't have the tier, only Epcot and DHS which makes sense because they only have a few really popular attractions. I may be wrong though.

As an AP who has already stayed at a resort, I already have access to FP+, so experimented with FP+ for Epcot. My family really wants to do Soarin' and I think we need to do Illuminations with FP+ because of a 7pm ADR at LeCellier and the fact that my mother will be in a wheelchair. I was bummed that Illuminations, Soarin' and Test Track were all in the same tier. We're doing Epcot over two days. Was hoping to do Soarin' on one day and Test Track the next, but there's Illuminations in the same tier. I already don't like the tier system.

Ember

As an AP who has already stayed at a resort, I already have access to FP+, so experimented with FP+ for Epcot. My family really wants to do Soarin' and I think we need to do Illuminations with FP+ because of a 7pm ADR at LeCellier and the fact that my mother will be in a wheelchair. I was bummed that Illuminations, Soarin' and Test Track were all in the same tier. We're doing Epcot over two days. Was hoping to do Soarin' on one day and Test Track the next, but there's Illuminations in the same tier. I already don't like the tier system.
That stinks! I figured that Soarin and Test Track were in the same tier, but to have Illuminations in there as well... I don't even know what my other two choices would be. I hope they revise this system.

joejccva71

Wait so we only get a maximum of 3 FP's for everything in the particular park for that day? This includes both attractions and shows?

For example: If I decide to use FP for Fantasmic, that means that I only have 2 FP's left for use of RnRC and ToT?

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Wait so we only get a maximum of 3 FP's for everything in the particular park for that day? This includes both attractions and shows?

For example: If I decide to use FP for Fantasmic, that means that I only have 2 FP's left for use of RnRC and ToT?
Nope. Well, sortof.

You are limited to 3 choices in one park per day (not multiple parks). Magic Kingdom has been giving out "freebe" FP+s so a lot of people are getting four there, but not at the other parks.

With respect to having 2 left...that's where the sortof comes in. HS is tiered.

If you choose the FP for Fantasmic, then you can't get a FP for Rockin Roller Coaster, Beuty and the Beast or Toy Story Midway Mania. Though would would have 2 selections left and ToT can be one of them, you'd need to pick something else for the other one.

Here are the tiers currently in place at HS:

Select One:
  • Beauty and the Beast – Live on Stage
  • Fantasmic
  • Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster
  • Toy Story Midway Mania
Select Two:
  • American Idol Experience
  • Disney Junior – Live on Stage
  • Great Movie Ride
  • Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular
  • Lights, Motors, Action! Extreme Stunt Show
  • Muppet Vision 3D
  • Star Tours
  • Tower of Terror
  • Voyage of the Little Mermaid

joejccva71

Nope. Well, sortof.

You are limited to 3 choices in one park per day (not multiple parks). Magic Kingdom has been giving out "freebe" FP+s so a lot of people are getting four there, but not at the other parks.

With respect to having 2 left...that's where the sortof comes in. HS is tiered.

If you choose the FP for Fantasmic, then you can't get a FP for Rockin Roller Coaster, Beuty and the Beast or Toy Story Midway Mania. Though would would have 2 selections left and ToT can be one of them, you'd need to pick something else for the other one.

Here are the tiers currently in place at HS:

Select One:
  • Beauty and the Beast – Live on Stage
  • Fantasmic
  • Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster
  • Toy Story Midway Mania
Select Two:
  • American Idol Experience
  • Disney Junior – Live on Stage
  • Great Movie Ride
  • Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular
  • Lights, Motors, Action! Extreme Stunt Show
  • Muppet Vision 3D
  • Star Tours
  • Tower of Terror
  • Voyage of the Little Mermaid

Oh. Hmmm, well that's too bad. :( It's going to be interesting choosing which Tier 1 to use. I assume that using it for Fantasmic would get you a pretty good seat for the show, but i know that a lot of people will use theirs for the TSMM.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom