Tie-dye cheesecake at Pop Century?

XaiChai

Original Poster
breadandcakes035sg3.jpg

breadandcakes037qu5.jpg

this are the pics of the finished product! BTW, its a really good recipe! it turns out really yummy and moist!

MouseMadness

What kind of food coloring did you use? It's very vibrant! I gotta think that using an excellent food color is necessary to get colors like that... the little dropper bottles from teh grocery just wouldn't cut it. :lol:

XaiChai

Original Poster
What kind of food coloring did you use? It's very vibrant! I gotta think that using an excellent food color is necessary to get colors like that... the little dropper bottles from teh grocery just wouldn't cut it. :lol:

for the red velvet cake I used red food gel. But for the actual colors in the cheesecake I used regular liquid food coloring, like the type you buy in the grocery store. The only thing is that I used the regular colors and neon colors I thought it mights alter the taste but it really didnt! the key is to add the colors slowly so you don't over do it! :ROFLOL:

MouseMadness

Really! Wow, I've used those to color just a tub of frosting and even after I've added what seems like half a bottle it STILL is barely pastel!

Well, at any rate, it looks great! *thumbs*

I remember enjoying this cheesecake a few times, when we stayed at POP. Anyone know if you can get this elsewhere at Disney? We are staying at WL on our upcoming trip. But I would love to let my sister have some. I've only told her about it and she loves cheesecake. :ROFLOL:

tigsmom

I remember enjoying this cheesecake a few times, when we stayed at POP. Anyone know if you can get this elsewhere at Disney? We are staying at WL on our upcoming trip. But I would love to let my sister have some. I've only told her about it and she loves cheesecake. :ROFLOL:

As far as I know Pop is the only place you can get it. The WL does have some great food though. You can travel over to the Pop for something to eat and have a slice or two of cake while you are there. :cool:

sissa216

This is one of those things on our list to try (first time at Pop) this fall....
But I may have to try to make it myself before that!
That looks DE-licious :slurp: haha

As far as I know Pop is the only place you can get it. The WL does have some great food though. You can travel over to the Pop for something to eat and have a slice or two of cake while you are there. :cool:
I may just try to do that, since we just added an extra day on. Thanks :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom