Tickets for the Brits

CAPTAIN HOOK

I will shortly be purchasing our 21 day WDW tickets (available to UK guests only and must be pre purchased in the UK).

I know of a number of different internet sites offering tickets at varying prices :-
Attraction-tickets-direct / Florida-magic-tickets / Online Florida / Orlando-ticket-deals / Teletextickets and Themepark-tickets

Has anyone out there had any dealings with any of these companys (or have you used another) which you would recommend - are there any which you would avoid using again.

Thanks

Carotabby

Hmm, not used them as the last time I went I bought annual passes directly from Disney over the 'phone. I think they are probably all pretty much the same, really. They all seem to offer the same kind of deal, but I still think it's worth asking the question to see if anyone else from the UK has had dealings with any of them.

Good luck! Be interested to see how you get on.

Oh and feel sorry for me - I have to wait nearly 18 months before I get to go again! :cry:

Upvote 0

koppite_rob

I did a lot of googling before our last visit,but found very little in terms of savings between various companies in the UK and also conversions to US rates.
I did find a small piece on a Disney site explaining that tickets prices are strictly controlled and there shouldn't be great variations between retailers.
We've always bought ours from Keith Prowse Tickets.
The bonus of doing this was we got our Diz,Universal & Busch Tickets in one package,registered post and they left the purchase until nearer the time of our holiday so we picked up all the special offer vouchers.

Upvote 0

disneydaft

CAPTAIN HOOK said:
I will shortly be purchasing our 21 day WDW tickets (available to UK guests only and must be pre purchased in the UK).

I know of a number of different internet sites offering tickets at varying prices :-
Attraction-tickets-direct / Florida-magic-tickets / Online Florida / Orlando-ticket-deals / Teletextickets and Themepark-tickets

Has anyone out there had any dealings with any of these companys (or have you used another) which you would recommend - are there any which you would avoid using again.

Thanks

We have used Attraction-tickets-direct in the past and found them to be great. Quick delivery, actual tickets (not vouchers) and they always give you some extra money off coupons.

It may be worth checking Disney direct as they were giving away a free gift with their UK tickets at the beginning of the year and the prices were pretty much the same.

One other piece of advice is to use your credit card as opposed to a debit card as that way you are covered incase something goes wrong. There was a ticket company went bust at the beginning of last year.

Upvote 0

taverner

I bought the tickets for our trip last month from Attraction Tickets Direct. (Bought tickets for Universal, Discovery Cove and Dolly Parton Dixie Stampede as well as Disney). Tickets arrived within a few days of booking, and they sent us a free discount voucher for use at Florida Mall. Also when we got to Dolly Parton show we got an upgraded package for booking through them.

Haven't used any of the others, but these people certainly worked for us.

Upvote 0

Tornado

I've looked around the sites, and will be usuing Attraction Tickets Direct for my September trip, if my friend can't get us some sort of discount (whole family works in the travel business).

Upvote 0

barnum42

Check the prices of Annual passes - free parking and other discounts may make them worth while. Also, if you go again eleven months later, they are still valid ;)

Upvote 0

CAPTAIN HOOK

Original Poster
barnum42 said:
Check the prices of Annual passes - free parking and other discounts may make them worth while. Also, if you go again eleven months later, they are still valid ;)
Unfortunately we won't be returning to WDW before 2008 - so the AP is out I'm afraid

Upvote 0

col

i bought a 21 day ticket from teletext and it came the next day. i bought it off the web, it cost £176 -which is good for a unlimited 21 days ticket. i looked around on other websites such as virgin and disneyworld.co.uk and they where touching £200.

when i got to WDW i took the slip in my pocket just incase something did go wrong with the ticket but everything went great all i was to was to sign the back of it.

as soon as the ticket arrived i wanted to see what the pic was on the front of it and it was of cinderellabration -just like the signs that hang from the lamp posts in the parks.

Upvote 0

barnum42

CAPTAIN HOOK said:
Unfortunately we won't be returning to WDW before 2008 - so the AP is out I'm afraid
Even if you are not returning, having one AP can still save money - depending on where you are staying.

21 days parking (assuming one is staying offsite) costs $189. On a annual pass it's all free. If you are planning a spending spree at World of Disney the card will give you 10% discount.

Details of that and other discounts are on http://allearsnet.com/pl/apass.htm

Upvote 0

Tim G

CAPTAIN HOOK said:

Thanks
You should try, www.undercovertourist.com

US based but with a branch in the UK...
Very reliable, fast and FREE shipping WorldWide... IMO the cheapest around...
No Fiddle... No Fuzz...

And has the 21 day ticket... (what the heck do you need a 21 day Disney pass for) there's more to life LOL :D LOL

Upvote 0

CAPTAIN HOOK

Original Poster
barnum42 said:
Even if you are not returning, having one AP can still save money - depending on where you are staying.
We're staying off site.

Am I right in thinking that only one of our group of four has to be an AP holder for us all to capitalise from the AP benefits :confused:

There are no problems in us having different tickets are there (ie 1 x Ap and 3 x 21 day ticket) :confused:

Upvote 0

barnum42

CAPTAIN HOOK said:
We're staying off site.

Am I right in thinking that only one of our group of four has to be an AP holder for us all to capitalise from the AP benefits :confused:

There are no problems in us having different tickets are there (ie 1 x Ap and 3 x 21 day ticket) :confused:
Correct - just one person with an AP gets the whole car in and at World of Disney as long as the AP holder pays on their own credit card all the merchandise will be discounted.

The page I gave you will detail other discounts - some like the mini golf will apply to AP holder and up to three guests, others are for the AP holder only.

There are a couple of different types of AP, depending on whether you want to just visit the parks, or pay extra for the water parks and PI.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom