ticket question???

soin2disney

Hi, I am thinking about buying my tickets now for next July......Do they expire, or can I buy them now before ticket prices go up? Just wondering...Thanks:wave:

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
MYW tickets remain valid until 14 days after the first time you actually use them.

So yes, you can buy them now to avoid any price changes in the interim. :king:

Upvote 0

timeman

Is that even through the next year? Why do they offer the 'No Expiration' option then?:confused:

A normal MYW ticket expires 14 days from first use. What this means is if you buy a 7 day MYW ticket you have 14 days to use it in starting from your first day. If you don't use all 7 days in that 14 day period than you lose any remaining days on that ticket. The No Expiration option is for people who want to use a multiple day ticket over several years. With the No Expiration option your ticket will not expire until you use all the days on it.

The No Expiration option is great if you know that you are planning on visiting multiple years. To give you an example a friend of mine bought a 8 day No Expiration ticket last year. She only used 3 days last year, so she still has 5 days left on it. She is planning on using 3 more of those days next year sometime and the remaining 2 days some other time in the future. Without the No Expiration option she would have lost the other 5 days that she had on the ticket 14 days after she first used the ticket, but with it she doesn't lose those days.

Upvote 0

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Is that even through the next year? Why do they offer the 'No Expiration' option then?:confused:

No expire eliminates the 14 days from first use.

If you buy a ticket right now but don't use it at all for ten years, it will still work ten years from now but only for up to 14 days from the first time you use it. If you buy a ten-day ticket with no-expiration now, you can use one day each year for the ten years or one every five years for 50 years...

Upvote 0

JENA_le

MYW tickets remain valid until 14 days after the first time you actually use them.

So yes, you can buy them now to avoid any price changes in the interim. :king:

A normal MYW ticket expires 14 days from first use. What this means is if you buy a 7 day MYW ticket you have 14 days to use it in starting from your first day. If you don't use all 7 days in that 14 day period than you lose any remaining days on that ticket. The No Expiration option is for people who want to use a multiple day ticket over several years. With the No Expiration option your ticket will not expire until you use all the days on it.

The No Expiration option is great if you know that you are planning on visiting multiple years. To give you an example a friend of mine bought a 8 day No Expiration ticket last year. She only used 3 days last year, so she still has 5 days left on it. She is planning on using 3 more of those days next year sometime and the remaining 2 days some other time in the future. Without the No Expiration option she would have lost the other 5 days that she had on the ticket 14 days after she first used the ticket, but with it she doesn't lose those days.

No expire eliminates the 14 days from first use.

If you buy a ticket right now but don't use it at all for ten years, it will still work ten years from now but only for up to 14 days from the first time you use it. If you buy a ten-day ticket with no-expiration now, you can use one day each year for the ten years or one every five years for 50 years...

Thank you and Thank you!!!!!
That information helps me immensely in planning for our 2013 trip to WDW. :D

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom