ticket Question

mickeyjim

Original Poster
We are staying offsite in early August. Only 31 days to go! :sohappy:We got our park tickets online and they seem to be flimsy cardboard with a megentic strip. I am worried they will get damaged or destroyed in either rain or on wet rides. Is there any way that I can go to the Guest Services desk upon arrival and get them replaced with hard plastic cards?

disneymyway

I used to think the same thing until someone explained to me that they aren't made of ordinary paper but this super strong stuff that I don't remember the name of. They could go through the wash and not be affected at all.

Believe me, I said the same thing you did but I think it may be true!

KingStefan

I have heard that mag stipes on the flexible ones are more reliable than the plastic anyway. Don't know if that's actually true. AP tickets are made of the same stuff.

Our last trip, we stayed off-site for two nights before moving on site, and we got the flexible ones because we didn't get KTTW until our third night. I was going to try to get them moved, but we decided we were happy with the ones we had. I brought an extra wallet to carry all the Disney stuff separately from my money and credit cards, etc. It worked out really well.

Rob562

As another poster said, the magnetic stripe on the "paper" tickets is more durable and reliable than the stripes on the plastic tickets. Also, they're coasted with something that makes them virtually indestructible. (If you have any old tickets lying around, trying ripping one in half sometime. Unless you start the rip with scissors, it's near impossible)

The only thing that can get them is if they get drenched with water. Even then, they stay intact and only curl up and won't go in the turnstiles or FastPass machines. The printing is still readable and the ticket can easily be replaced by Guest Relations.

Lastly, the WDW parks can't give you tickets on anything but the "paper" ticket stock. The ticket machines in the windows aren't designed to issue anything but the paper ones. (For economic reasons, the paper tickets come on long rolls, and each ticket is cut from the roll individually, which is why the tickets usually have a slight curve to them when you first get them)

-Rob

Mybails

We had one of six get rough on the edges last year. We took it to guest services and they replaced it and gave us plastic covers for all of our tickets at the same time. Don't worry about it. The person who had the damaged ticket was continually trying to squeeze two tickets into a wallet slot that was built for one.

mickeyjim

Original Poster
Thanks everyone. It sounds like it will be OK then. I will bring a little ziplock baggie along for a little extra protection. I also like the idea of a "Disney" only wallet so I can keep stuff secure too and dry if I put the wallet(s) in a baggie too.:wave:

CleveRocks

They're made of Tyvek, the same stuff that's used as "house wrap" to waterproof new construction. It's almost indestructible. You can't rip it, for example.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
They're made of Tyvek, the same stuff that's used as "house wrap" to waterproof new construction. It's almost indestructible. You can't rip it, for example.
You can, but it really takes a concerted effort! :lol:

PeoplemoverTTA

We got our park tickets online and they seem to be flimsy cardboard with a megentic strip.

APs are actually made of this same material, and mine has really gotten beaten up but has always worked.

Still, if you have your purchase receipt for the tickets, it might be a good idea to keep it in your wallet or hotel safe in case your ticket stops working. That's also a good idea anyway, as it makes it much easier for Guest Relations to replace lost or stolen tickets (you never know what can happen!).

jeffcp08

I used to work in WDW ticket sales, and reissuing a ticket can be done from the information printed on the ticket. Because of this, I would recommend that they take a photograph of each ticket just in case one got lost or damaged.

jerlev

Another suggestion from cast members... Do not just stack up the tickets. If you have the magnetic strips stacked on top of each other, they can erase each other. We usually store all tickets face up, but alternate each one so the magnetic strip alternates from side to side...

That being said, replacing a card that no longer works is fast and easy. We had one go out the morning of the EPCOT 25 celebration. We thought we'd be delayed and sent to Guest Relations. Nope, they reprinted the ticket at a kiosk right in the middle of the ticket turnstiles...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom