Ticket Prices

murdock

Original Poster
could anybody please tell me why a child ticket is only slightly less dollers in price than a adult ticket when i would think that the parks are mainly developed for the younger child and with that why does the child age stop at 9 yrs of age and then you have to pay adult prices its not just disney of course but universal and seaworld as well surely child prices should mean child upto the age of 18 or maybe 16 years of age

adjonline

I would imagine the logic relates to the benefit a particular guest gets out of admission. What a ten-year old experiences will be roughly equivalent to an eighteen-year-old. There will be a number of attractions, however, that say a five-year-old is unable to experience due to height.

From a business perspective, what is to the twelve-year-old child does not differ from what is delivered to a thirty-year-old person, so it would be financially inefficient (ignoring such ideas as getting guests 'hooked' on the brand at an early age) to discount the tickets for twelve-year-olds.

murdock

Original Poster
or maybe the fact that they know 90% of guest will be travelling with children averaging between 5-13 yrs of age and knowing full well that they will clean up on the money front dont get me wrong its worth the ticket prices but perhaps they should restucture the price for infant , junior ,senior ,adult & oap maybe

JPVonDrake

Well officially, Disney does not sell any Adult priced tickets since when you visit a Disney Park, you magically feel like a kid again! Hence we only sell tickets to children 3-9 and to children 10 and over.

(well at least that is how it is explained to us in training! :lol: )

Hope this helps! :sohappy:

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
JPVonDrake said:
Well officially, Disney does not sell any Adult priced tickets since when you visit a Disney Park, you magically feel like a kid again! Hence we only sell tickets to children 3-9 and to children 10 and over.

I won't tell DS11 that! At 10, he was so thrilled that Disney considered him an adult :D

Tim G

JPVonDrake said:

And they told you the truth... all by the book...

ToTBellHop

murdock said:
or maybe the fact that they know 90% of guest will be travelling with children averaging between 5-13 yrs of age and knowing full well that they will clean up on the money front dont get me wrong its worth the ticket prices but perhaps they should restucture the price for infant , junior ,senior ,adult & oap maybe
They already pretty much have that--infants get in free, "juniors" would be the the current kids--I don't believe there is a senior citizen discount though. As for having discount tickets for people up to age 18--try finding that at any amusement park. I think Disney's system is very fair--you end up paying for what you can experience, and if they lowered the price for teenagers, they would raise the price for adults to compensate, so no one would benefit (Disney is not about to make less money). Can we really complain about this when a 7 year old can go to Disney World for a week for about $25/day? (hotel is effectively free). You have to choose your battles, and at even $30-35/day for adults, that's dirt cheap for a theme park. If you try to find a six flags park that costs that much (and you can't take into account the $10 parking, since that immediately makes every Six Flags park more expensive than WDW), you are stuck at such masterpiece parks as Six Flags Darien Lake, which is NOT Disney World...and even they use a child definition that is pretty liberal--under 48" inches. Your average 10 year old is at least 4 feet tall (heck, your average 8 year old is).

ToTBellHop

peter11435 said:
Yep, my nephew was 48" tall when he was only 5.
Well, he was probably tall for his age, but still--it's pretty clear that Disney has a more liberal definition of "child" than Six Flags.

stopgo

murdock said:
could anybody please tell me why a child ticket is only slightly less dollers in price than a adult ticket...

Because Disney knows people will pay that price. Econ 101: merchants will charge whatever the market will bear.

murdock

Original Poster
thanks for ur views but i still feel that tickets should be slightly cheaoper for children and a higher age for the child age limit but thats just my own personal thoughts ta

peter11435

murdock said:
thanks for ur views but i still feel that tickets should be slightly cheaoper for children and a higher age for the child age limit but thats just my own personal thoughts ta
Its really just based on what they can do. Anyone over the age of 9 can most likely do every attraction in the park, thus they pay the same as someone who is 35. Anyone 3-9 will be limited by some height requirements thus they pay slightly less.

jmoisa

if you really think about it,,,,the prices are not very high at all. There are very few rides that kids can't go on due to height restrictions. I think Disney is one of the most cost effeciant places my family can go on.

we spent $6000 last year, that included
hotel- deluxe room
all parks
all transportation
cruise
and airfare

the only extra we paid for was food in the parks. for a family of 4
2 adults
2 children 1-17 1-6

so lets see.. 6000 divided by 4 for 10 days = 150 per person

where else can you get all of that?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom