Ticket price difference

blobula

Just pricing out another Disney trip to get a general idea of what to expect next year. I was curious if there is any particular reason why there is such a large price difference between a 2 to 3 day ticket vs a 4, 5, 6, etc...? I understand the more days you go the cheaper it gets, but it seems that 2 to 3 day jump is a quite a difference...almost $500. When you hit that 4 day ticket and beyond the difference is quite minor to me.

This would be for 2 adults and 2 children.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Up until you hit day 4 of a multi-day ticket, you're paying a good percentage of the one-day ticket price per day (~70-90%).

For days 5-10, you're paying a much smaller percentage of the one-day price (~12%). This is a huge reduction, so much so that your average daily entry fee on a 10-day ticket can actually be less than $50 (depending on the "season" in which you use your ticket).

Why do they do that?

Pure and simply, to encourage longer stays per trip.

Upvote 0

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Up until you hit day 4 of a multi-day ticket, you're paying a good percentage of the one-day ticket price per day (~70-90%).

For days 5-10, you're paying a much smaller percentage of the one-day price (~12%). This is a huge reduction, so much so that your average daily entry fee on a 10-day ticket can actually be less than $50 (depending on the "season" in which you use your ticket).

Why do they do that?

Pure and simply, to encourage longer stays per trip.

And the longer you stay the more you pay the same undiscounted price for room and board. So, a 70% reduction in ticket prices, when added into to no reduction on other prices means only about a 10-30% overall discount. But psychologically, you think you're getting a fantastic deal by paying only an extra $20 for a full day in the parks! I mean, you can't afford *not* to stay the full ten days!!!

Upvote 0

DisDadWoz

But psychologically, you think you're getting a fantastic deal by paying only an extra $20 for a full day in the parks! I mean, you can't afford *not* to stay the full ten days!!!
That's how we used to justify only going to the park a couple of hours on the last day of trips. Only paying minimal amount for the extra day so no guilt in "Not getting our monies worth" ;)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom