Ticket extension offer

WhatJaneSays

Original Poster
Starting June 4th onsite guests will be given the option to add 1 or more days to their existing tickets and receive a $25 Disney gift card. This looks like it's going to run throughout the month of June if not longer.

This offer only applies to people with 1-3 day tickets staying on property; 4+ day tickets are not eligible.

TheOrangeBird01

Why? People usually have their vacation already booked and airlines booked. How many can just say "hey, lets stay two more days"

I totally agree. Maybe this is more geared towards locals, or people who drive, but still, who can just drop everything and stay an extra day, especially if you have flights or whatever.

Goofnut1980

I totally agree. Maybe this is more geared towards locals, or people who drive, but still, who can just drop everything and stay an extra day, especially if you have flights or whatever.

Exactly... and I get 5 weeks of vacation a year.. But I have a dog sitter that I have to be back for. And my job just doesn't let me decide what days I want to work!! lol

Why? People usually have their vacation already booked and airlines booked. How many can just say "hey, lets stay two more days"
The OP stated that it's for onsite guests with 1-3 day tickets so it's probably aimed at people who are booked for longer stays but have plans to spend some days of their vacation visiting places off site, or just using their resort hotel facilities. Adding days to these guests tickets would keep them spending time and money inside Disney parks.

DManRightHere

The OP stated that it's for onsite guests with 1-3 day tickets so it's probably aimed at people who are booked for longer stays but have plans to spend some days of their vacation visiting places off site, or just using their resort hotel facilities. Adding days to these guests tickets would keep them spending time and money inside Disney parks.

That makes enough sense. I was thinking this needed to be well targeted. The compensation in general doesn't seem that tentalizing to me under my conditions.

Doug7856

It could almost apply for us, but not quite. We are in Florida for two weeks - not all at WDW. We reduced our package day by 1 to take my youngest to Sea World. Since we're in the area longer, we could be enticed to add a day, but we have six day tickets and don't qualify.

WhatJaneSays

Original Poster

I'm guessing by the verbiage that you're right and it's for people staying more days than they have tickets for:

"This is a limited offer valid for Guests who have a 1, 2, or 3-day theme park ticket and other hotel length of stay
restrictions apply as well.
"

Keeping people on property/in a Disney park, for those that normally take a few days for other parks/attractions in the area is sort of a win-win. They spend more money at Disney plus they're not spending money at the competition.

AEfx

I think it's more directed to people who may be only planning to spend a portion of their vacation at WDW. Seems like it's aimed for someone who planed to, say, go to Universal (but hadn't yet bought tickets) to keep them at Disney instead.

It still seems kind of silly, I admit - but I believe the intention is more in that vein, than getting people to actually extend stays.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom