Tick..Tock..Tick..Tock... Hurry up clock... I'm about ready to POP!!!

Okay, Okay! I really can’t take the wait!! So, I have to do this PTR for 2 very important reasons. For One ... my DD Brittany is pestering me to do it, and for Two ... Well, I think it may just be the one & only place I can “POP” without driving everyone completely crazy that just doesn't understand my Disney World fanaticism lol. Most of my friends and family simply don’t get it. Not like YOU do!!! Sooooo... If you all don’t mind, I’d like to get all of the “boring” details out of the way first. So if you can indulge me for a few paragraphs (or more), I promise it will all be worth it lol.
First off, I have been a “stalker” on the TR’s for a couple of years now. I apologize but I hardly ever comment on TR’s I did however start a PTR/TR a few years back but sadly never finished it. My dad was in end stage cancer when my DH & I took two of our DD’s on a much needed getaway from all the sadness at home and went to our “Happy Place” (we lived with my parents to help with the bills). Don’t get me wrong, our trip was just what dad and the Dr ordered for us, but when we got home and I started writing my TR, dad passed. I just didn’t have it in me to finish the TR.
I apologize for the sad stuff when this is supposed to be all about the 'goods' lol. I just thought you should know why I am ready to POP, more even, than usual. We’ve been to WDW probably a good hundred times but it just never gets old for us. Only I have been back to Disney since the last trip I spoke of, I spent one day in the MK with my sister last October. Sooooo, long story short….. We NEED this vacation!!! LOL. Now onto the“Fun” details!! This trip is really a culmination of two different components; WDW and a wedding. So let’s get to it!!
The cast for this trip will be me - Dawn, my DH - Ron, our DD - Brittany (Brit), our grandson Aiden and his mommy Kori.
326381_2183721755054_1996023736_o.jpg

DH & I
215712_3982870941880_1611396189_n.jpg

DD (Brittany)
555541_4216622169369_615311618_n.jpg

Grandson (Aiden)
523972_10150717107341783_1882100023_n.jpg

Daughter in Law (Kori)

DH & I will actually be in Disney about a week before the others in our group fly down to join us. DH and I are leaving Sept 18 (Well maybe late night the 17th if we get too excited and can't wait any longer lol). We're driving from Rhode Island and the plan is to leave at 1 AM after hopefully getting a couple hours of sleep (yeah right!). We planned this time so that (hopefully) we can beat a ton of traffic in NY and then when rush hour rolls in we can just stop at a rest area to stretch our legs and grab some breakfast.
Our plan is to drive until we get into South Carolina (around 14 or so hours) and then stop for an early dinner and an early night at a hotel wherever we end up. The next morning around 7 AM we plan to head back out on the road and drive all the way to Orlando!! We’ve driven straight through before but really don’t want to get there and feel fatigued to start our vacation. Nothing is worse than feeling like a zombie the first few days in Disney!! I want to enjoy EVERY second of it!!
So, again, we plan to drive roughly 14 hrs or so the first day, stop wherever we are for the night and then continue on to Orlando the following day. I booked The Orlando Metropolitan Resort for one night (19th). Has anyone stayed here?? I would LOVE feedback on it since I booked it online and have never been there. I booked it simply due to it being only $35 per night with AAA discount and it looked pretty standard and not like I should be worried (praying). LOL
Hmmmm, Can you guess where we’re staying for the Disney component of our trip? Lol YEP!! POP!!! We check into POP on Sept 20 and check out on Oct 4. We’ve stayed at CS, CB and all the values except AoA but our favorite of the values by far, and the one we keep going back to, is POP. I feel like it’s the most “Disney-ish” (or rather was prior to AOA). I know, I know, not everyone wants to be drowned in a complete sea of Disney when they visit and want to leave the characters in the parks but I want to be so deep in it I need a snorkle and arm floaties!!!

555322_3284946644988_1064689178_n.jpg

DawnBerg

Original Poster
I've got to say I'm jealous and happy for you at the same time. We were going to go next year (in October) but have decided to wait until our DS is 3 so we can bring him too...unfortunately, he's only 3 months old lol. I'm going to have major withdrawals, but it'll give me a lot of time to save up for a very special trip that'll hopefully make my DS fall in love with Disney and we'll have no choice but to vacation to WDW for the rest of our lives (oh darn hehehehehe). Drive safe, but most important have lots of fun on this well deserved vacation.
Thank you soooo much! 3 years will fly by in no time!!! Enjoy every second of that lil guy you have there. Before you know it he will be all grown and you will be bringing grandbabies to Disney!!! <---- Like ME LOL!!!

DawnBerg

Original Poster
I am quite sure everyone but YOU, daughter dear, has heard everything there is to hear about Sept trips. LOL Maybe, Maybe.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom