Thunder Mountain Question

Jordan's Mom

Original Poster
My 5-year-old son and I are headed down for a 5 day visit on Monday -- YIPPEE!! :sohappy:

Unfortunately, that means we are leaving before his favorite ride, which he calls "the FAST train", will be back up and running according to the rehab schedule -- we leave the 21st and it isn't due back until the 23rd.

My question -- to any savvy cast members out there or others who are more in the loop than I am -- does it ever happen that a ride might come back a couple days early, like if maybe they get the project finished early? I know, I'm probably dreaming :brick: , but I thought I'd ask anyway (Disney Magic and all that!).

X2CommNavISTC

Account Suspended
It is rare. And I mean really rare that they open a ride up ahead of the scheduled reopening.

However...Thunder has been shut down for like almost three months now (if not more). So its possible that they might open it early.

I know on Tuesday when I was out there, they had the caution signs for the "Live testing" (Hm, figured they'd just imagine the trains on the tracks). And that testing they were doing was one of the final ones.

But dont get your hopes up too much.

fngoofy

Not to say it can't happen, but it's all about staffing.

Schedules are made up 10 days in advance and posted 7 days in advance of the first day on the schedule.

Therefor doubtful that even if the refurb finished early that they would have the CMs to work it.

Ya never know though, stranger things have happend.

civileng68

Account Suspended
rehab

Sorry man,

It could be of course but rarely are they open before the rehab is up and many times they go past the scheduled time.

This was a MAJOR rehab, not to the ride directly but to the entire mountain. They have been repaiting the entire mountain. We saw them painting it and let me tell you, the color had faded. You don't realize how badly it needed new paint until you see the new paint being added, the color was very different, even though that was the original color, it has just faded over time.

2Infinity

X2

Does it look like things are a go for the November 23 opening/end of rehab? We will be at WDW Dec. 11-14 for MVMCP and can't wait to reacquaint ourselves with BTMRR. We really missed it in October during our visit for MNSSHP.

What are your thoughts?????

Thanks!:xmas:

Djali999

I do know that although the hope of getting it open early is slim, it's an ever slimmer chance that it'll be pushed back - the Mansion actually reopened before it was ready to go a year ago in September, and although there was scaffolding all over the facade, they preferred to have it running on the announced day.

Thunder looks good right now, so it is a possibility, but don't hedge your bets on it. sorry. =(

I personally hope they retuned or added some show effects. the cave-in at the end of the earthquake room had been looking pretty shoddy lately...

RSD

It could happen

I was in MGM last month. TOT was supposed to be closed for the 4 days. I was there the 3rd day. The ride was staffed but closed as scheduled. The next day it was open...one day earlier. I asked the CM why they were there during the closed times, and he said "In case we can open earlier".

So keep your fingers crossed.

ucf disneyfan

It is unlikely that Thunder will open early. But I don't see it opening up late. The reason it won't be early is because they haven't even begun training yet. They just have a few CM's who knew the ride before, and got recertified, that are running it while they do test and adjust.

Mission: SPACE

**THREAD DRIFT ALERT**

UCF DisneyFan-

First off, nice avatar.

Second, what are you majoring in at UCF? I'm going there next year, majoring in Civil or Mechanical Engineering. If you want to IM me @ tabordude716. Thanks!

Eljay

Originally posted by Jordan's Mom
My 5-year-old son and I are headed down for a 5 day visit on Monday -- YIPPEE!! :sohappy:

Unfortunately, that means we are leaving before his favorite ride, which he calls "the FAST train", will be back up and running according to the rehab schedule -- we leave the 21st and it isn't due back until the 23rd.

http://wdwig.com/rehabs.htm
Here is an info page that lists Nov 22, as the start date for BTMRR!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom