unclechip

Original Poster
Date Information
Beginning: October 1, 2001
Ending: May 31, 2014​

Parade Route

Run Time: 15 Minutes

Video

Researching this parade brought back some serious memories. We hope that Animal Kingdom will have parades once again, but alas, it seems Disney has other plans.

ppete1975

I think a lot of these parades are disappearing due to they have to close the walk ways which impacts crowd flow, There used to be parades everywhere at each park. Are there any parades outside of magic kingdom now?

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Crowds are defiantly an issue with the parades as there are not any alternative routes for the foot traffic. Basically everything would have to stop until it passed in Epcot and Animal Kingdom. Its also the main issue in Hollywood Studios (Storm Trooper March) and Magic Kingdom with the entry and exit to both of those parks.

JIMINYCR

It was a fun parade to watch. Guests had uniquely built floats to see and some seldom seen characters that made appearances. The parade route probably was difficult to maneuver through and guests had to manage their routes when it was going on, but AK needs to have a fun parade for us to enjoy.

brb1006

I think a lot of these parades are disappearing due to they have to close the walk ways which impacts crowd flow, There used to be parades everywhere at each park. Are there any parades outside of magic kingdom now?
The last time HS had their own parade was their version of Pixar Play Parade that was very short-lived. HS used to have good parades such as the 1995 Toy Story Parade and Aladdin.

ppete1975

The last time HS had their own parade was their version of Pixar Play Parade that was very short-lived. HS used to have good parades such as the 1995 Toy Story Parade and Aladdin.
I was there the first year it opened and I remember a lot of parades... or maybe that was a few years later.

Simba's Mom

It was my favorite parade anywhere in WDW. Back when it started and ended in Africa, I used to watch it from Dawa Bar, where I got to see it twice. And the second time, right near the end, was especially fun because no one was there, and also because the CMs and characters were especially friendly, I think they were so relieved that it was almost over-some days they looked so hot!

joanna71985

No. MK has the only parade right now. I'm hoping AK and DHS will add them back down the road

mf1972

i thought it was a good parade. had a good spot by the bridge entering africa. characters always took a second or 2 to interact with the guests.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom