Three hotels in 8 days. Are we dumb?

BoarderPhreak

Because, with our airfare/DVC points situation, it turned out to be cheaper ANNNNND it extended our vacation by 3 nights! Helluva bargain. I honestly don't think it will be super taxing to make all those moves, since bell services will take care of the bags. We shall see though. If I hate it, I'll come back here and eat crow. 😬
Cheaper and three extra days are definitely hard to argue. I'm rootin' for ya! 👍

Ariel1986

On our list trip, we had a week in Disney before heading to a friends' wedding in Mexico. We then had 5 nights after the wedding which we planned to spend back at Disney, but we didn't yet have a room booked even up to when we arrived for the first week. We weren't too fussed if those last 5 nights ended up off site.

Well- we ended up in that first week before Mexico buying into DVC! So we decided to use our new points on the last 5 nights. Due to availability, this ended up being 2 nights at the Polynesian, 1 night at the Beach Club and then as there was nothing else available we paid for 1 night at Coronado Springs. So 3 resorts in 5 nights!

Honestly, we actually had fun! It really didn't seem too taxing to be honest. I mean we would of stayed at one place for all 5 nights if it was possible to- but really the only downside of having just 1 night in a resort was that we didn't want to leave as we were enjoying it too much. It was fun to see a few different resorts though, and we tailored our park days and where we ate to the resorts we were staying at. On moving day we called to have our bags picked up, headed to the park and/or Disney Springs before heading to the new resort to check in after 3pm. It was no different really to heading back to your hotel if you were in the same one the whole trip- just had to add in the stop at the front desk and call for bags.

If you know what you're heading in to and you're excited to try different resorts- I think you'll be fine. Plus, saving money whilst getting extra time in the bubble- that's a win for sure!

LeighM

Cancelled the cruise, did he talk with you first?

I was thinking the same thing. If my husband unilaterally canceled a vacation without consulting me, I'd probably cancel our marriage. ;)

He discussed it with me but I wasn't happy about it. I really wanted to do the cruise and tried hard to convince him. But we compromised on WDW and saved about $1200. But we WILL be going on a Disney Cruise next year. He's already been warned.

CaptainAmerica

Because, with our airfare/DVC points situation, it turned out to be cheaper ANNNNND it extended our vacation by 3 nights! Helluva bargain. I honestly don't think it will be super taxing to make all those moves, since bell services will take care of the bags. We shall see though. If I hate it, I'll come back here and eat crow. 😬
Can you not do the extra-day-tack-on situation at the same resort that you're staying at in the first place?

OKW May 28 - June1
CBR June 1 - June 3
AKL (Kidani) June 3 - June 4

Due to airfare being super expensive from our hometown, we actually saved money by delaying our arrival by 1 day but extending the trip 4 days. Because we moved back the arrival date, we ended up with 17 DVC points that needed to be used before we come back. So, we tacked on a Savannah view studio at Kidani for our last night. Convoluted? Yes! Exciting? Yes! Daunting? Yes!

Please give us some tips on these resorts, since we've never stayed at any of these.

We love hotel hoping, it's no big deal to switch hotels, unless you have lots of kids - we are just a couple. Get to experience more resorts that way!

DABIGCHEEZ

You say you are DVC, which we are as well, and that is one of the positives of being DVC in my eyes... you do not need to see all the resorts in one trip. Pick one and stay there this time and next time choose another and stay there and enjoy each one over your full vacation. I would never do a split stay, but that is just how we vacation... you do how you want and enjoy it.

BoarderPhreak

Because each resort offers a very different experience, it takes 10 minutes to pack, not a big deal, it turns the trip into an adventure with A LOT of different experiences, food, pools, and entertainment, we do it all the time
I guess we have different definitions of "adventure." 🤔

Q_Division

Never done 3 but probably will this year and have done 2 a few times now for various reasons. It's not ideal however the benefits have always out-weighed the "cost" of doing it.

Whichever way you choose to go, enjoy Disney World vacations are good!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom