Three Broomsticks

LovingDisney

Original Poster
Has anyone eaten here yet? Is it a restaurant or a counterservice. It says buffeteria in the description, but I don't know what that is? We are eating here in October and I am excited, but I wasn't sure if I needed to make reservations or not. Thanks-

timeman

It is counter service so you won't need a reservation. If the Harry Potter section is still as crazy busy as it has been you may have to wait a while before you can get in there if you go during normal meal times. I walked in there around 7pm and didn't have to wait at all. You order what you want and then pick it up at the numbered counter. You can then choose where you want to sit.

LovingDisney

Original Poster
Thank you. I kind of thought it was a counterservice, but then I got confused by the picture on the universal website. It shows what looks like a waiter delivering the food on a tray to the table :shrug:
We are going for lunch, so we will try to either go early or a little late past normal lunch times. Thanks again :wave:

Skip

Thank you. I kind of thought it was a counterservice, but then I got confused by the picture on the universal website. It shows what looks like a waiter delivering the food on a tray to the table :shrug:
We are going for lunch, so we will try to either go early or a little late past normal lunch times. Thanks again :wave:

The image is likely taken of the Great Feast they offer, which kind of blurs the line of counter service/full service. If you order the Great Feast, you'll pick up any drinks you ordered and the appetizer salad at a numbered counter, and then a host/hostess will show you to an empty table and give you a little stand with a number. In about 10 minutes or so, another host/hostess will bring out the rest of your Great Feast on a large tray (likely what is pictured). While it may appear pricey (50 bucks), it serves a huge amount of food (huge salad, 4 slabs of ribs, 4 grilled chicken wings, dozen potato slices, 4 corn on the cobs, assorted broccoli and carrots) and easily feeds 4. I would recommend it if you have 3 big eaters or 4 members in your party - the food is delicious.

fosse76

The image is likely taken of the Great Feast they offer, which kind of blurs the line of counter service/full service. If you order the Great Feast, you'll pick up any drinks you ordered and the appetizer salad at a numbered counter, and then a host/hostess will show you to an empty table and give you a little stand with a number. In about 10 minutes or so, another host/hostess will bring out the rest of your Great Feast on a large tray (likely what is pictured). While it may appear pricey (50 bucks), it serves a huge amount of food (huge salad, 4 slabs of ribs, 4 grilled chicken wings, dozen potato slices, 4 corn on the cobs, assorted broccoli and carrots) and easily feeds 4. I would recommend it if you have 3 big eaters or 4 members in your party - the food is delicious.

Keep in mind, you can't order softdrinks here. You can get beer, iced tea, butterbeer and pumpkin juice (and I'm sure water), but no coke, sprite, etc.

wdwmousetales

I ate over there and had the Shepherd's Pie. It was not too bad. The line moves quickly there, within 30 seconds of ordering I had my plate. You can find my full quick review here http://www.wdwmousetales.com/072910tripreport.html

wpc0937c1c_05.jpg

wp8a37b36f_05.jpg

wp019926f3_05.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom