thoughts on this itinerary?

alexaveryq

My family (husband, daughters 8 & 5, and I) are going to WDW Sept. 30-Oct. 4. We are staying at AS Movies. We plan on doing 3 days in the parks (hopper passes) and "hanging out" the other day and a half. This is my kids' 3rd trip (both other trips were only 3 days in the parks, as well). This is my proposed schedule:

Sunday: Early check-in at about noon. DTD for shopping, eating, etc. Back to room for swimming. ADRs for Chef Mickey's at 6pm. Early to bed!

Monday: EMH at AK. We plan on only staying there until about 12 or 1 (my kids like the rides and shows, but don't particularly care about walking the trails). We plan on spending the rest of the day at MK (probably won't do the fireworks--see Thursday). Park closes at 9.

Tuesday: EMH at Epcot. Do as many rides as we can before ADRs at Akershus princess breakfast at 10:30. Tour the countries and do any other rides we missed. Leave here about 2 and spend the rest of the day at MGM (closes at 8, and we will see Fantasmic at 8).

Wednesday: Sleep late, swim, tour other hotels.

Thursday: Spend the morning at any of the parks we feel we "missed" anything in. Between 4 and 5 we plan to get to MK for MNSSHP and close out the night there (it's open until midnight for MNSSHP).

I'm a SUPER PLANNER (as in, I overplan everything), and I have mapped out what rides to do when, etc. to maximize time (although I know you have to be flexible with small kids, and I can be). We do not do sit-down meals (other than our 2 ADRs). We don't want to visit the water parks. I guess my question is, does this seem to use my 3 days of park time to the fullest?

*And yes, I know everyone says build in afternoon breaks, but my kids do better with the built in days to sleep late/go to bed early than with naps.

k.hunter30

Observation:

You are not spending enough time in the Magic Kingdom.
On arrival day how about going on over to the MK instead of to DTD.

Good luck.
:)
She only has a three day pass.

alexaveryq, I think, for three days, your itinerary looks great! The only thing I'll add (and something others will probably say as well) is don't feel like you HAVE to stick to your ride timeline. Be ready to play things by ear - especially according to wait times, etc.

Have a wonderful time! It soulds like for a short vacation it will definitely be magical!

Upvote 0

righttrack

I think its important to understand that your 1st park in the morning is the one that you are going to get the most accomplished in. The park you arrive at for the afternoon/evening is likely going to yield a couple of rides/attractions and set you up for dinner. With a 3 day pass, its important to get as much park time in as possible.

Upvote 0

alexaveryq

Original Poster
What about Wishes and Illuminations ???
I see that I didn't mention this, but we will do Hallowishes on Thursday. My kids saw Wishes and Illuminations last trip, but they're not "in awe" of these. If they want to see Illuminations, we'll do it, but I think it won't be high on their priority list.

As to not spending enough time in MK, from all I've read, we will get to ride a LOT of rides multiple times at MNSSHP, since the lines are much shorter. I thought this would make up for the shorter amount of time spent there on Monday.

This trip is purely for our kids. My husband and I enjoy going BECAUSE of them. We pretty much let them tell us what they want to do (they aren't bossy or spoiled; I just mean that we don't care to ride/see/do things unless it's going to be fun for them.

Upvote 0

kstella

Since you are going for your kids, I agree with the thought about keeping flexible about your ride schedule. Hope you have a wonderful time.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom