Thoughts on switching hotels?

YankeeMouse

We've done it several times. I like it because it feels like a new trip, a fresh start. But we've always gone up in class, i.e., Mod to Deluxe, as a treat for the end of the trip.

ElleJay1119

We decided to do this to add a night to the beginning of our trip, because I was worried about flying in on the day of the Christmas party. I didn’t want to change my existing reservation because I didn’t want to pay the increased prices (I booked last year). We’re doing one night at POFQ then over to the Contemporary for 6 nights. Glad to read peoples experiences with the luggage transfer, both good and bad.

StarWarsGirl

We do it pretty much every trip. Reason being that my family has DVC, so sometimes we'll tack on extra time at the beginning or end of the trip at another resort or split between home resorts. I'm going in August for two extra days without the rest of the family, so I'm jumping from BCV to All Star for two nights. Not a huge deal; I'll throw two nights worth of stuff in a smaller bag and have the stuff transferred.

Personally, here's how I feel: do the shorter stay first and the longer one second so you feel more settled (obviously I'm not doing that this trip but well, that's how it ended up). Have your stuff transferred, go enjoy the park for the day, and if you have any carry ons that you didn't want transferred for whatever reason, at the end of the day, go back to the resort and grab them from storage and grab a Lyft or Uber to your new resort (or gondolas if they're open).

One more thing: I think an earlier poster said you have to let them know in advance. While a nice thing to do, if you forget, just call bell services when you check out and they'll transfer it. Not required to let them know.

We are currently planning a trip 2 adults and 2 kids. Since we don't want to break the bank but we love the beach club we are thinking about doing like 9 days at pop century and 4 days at the beach club. Have any of you ever switched resorts? Will Disney move luggage and provide transportation to the next resort? We have to do beach club for that awesome pool.

They will transfer your language to the new resort, easy, the kids will absolutely love beach club!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom