Thoughts on November?

pigglewiggle

What are some thoughts on visiting in November? Specifically around 2 weeks before Thanksgiving, which is 11/28 next year.

I think we would be between Epcot festivals and most of Christmas decorations wouldn't be up, but I think Christmas party happening.

Good time to go? Suggest a better time?

James J

In the Parks
No
What are some thoughts on visiting in November? Specifically around 2 weeks before Thanksgiving, which is 11/28 next year.

I think we would be between Epcot festivals and most of Christmas decorations wouldn't be up, but I think Christmas party happening.

We're going 12th-24th November this year. The Christmas parties will have likely already begun by the time we arrive, and I would have thought most of the decorations actually will be up? Especially at MK for the party.

Going on previous years, we may get the tail end of Food and Wine Festival at Epcot and then the break before Festival of the Holidays.

Upvote 0

belledream

We went during that time in 2022 with the intention of experiencing "Christmas at Disney". Parks were fully decorated, but resorts were more hit or miss. Saw Gingerbread at Grand Floridian, but no tree at Wilderness Lodge. And a tree popped up at Pop during the middle of our stay. I know many suggest after Thanksgiving/first week of December for the full package, but we were satisfied and enjoyed our crowd level and weather!

Upvote 0

Minnesota disney fan

That's a great time to go. I have visited 2 weeks before TG before and it was cheaper and less crowds. Of course, that was before covid. I have a trip scheduled to Universal 2 weeks before TG now. We used to go at this time a lot and loved it. The first part of December used to be nice too. One time, we left right before TG and the crowds were awful. The closer you get to TG, the worse it is. I think you will have a great time going the first of November.

Upvote 0

pigglewiggle

Original Poster
That's a great time to go. I have visited 2 weeks before TG before and it was cheaper and less crowds. Of course, that was before covid. I have a trip scheduled to Universal 2 weeks before TG now. We used to go at this time a lot and loved it. The first part of December used to be nice too. One time, we left right before TG and the crowds were awful. The closer you get to TG, the worse it is. I think you will have a great time going the first of November.

Now the week after Thanksgiving is being tossed about. Which is the first week in December since Thanksgiving is late this year. I'm wondering if the weather will be more comfortable then.

I suppose we need to decide soon.

Upvote 0

Lilofan

Cooler weather less rain and towards the end of hurricane season. I'd get annual flu shots in Oct prior to travel in Nov.

Upvote 0

Eric Graham

There is a certain week in November that my neighbor goes to Disney with his kids that it is less crowded than other parts of November, but I can't remember when that week is sorry...I want to say the second week, but don't quote me on that.

Upvote 0

Minnesota disney fan

Now the week after Thanksgiving is being tossed about. Which is the first week in December since Thanksgiving is late this year. I'm wondering if the weather will be more comfortable then.

I suppose we need to decide soon.
The first week of December was usually nice when we went at that time. We have done that many times and never had bad weather that I can remember. But you never know what you will get anytime of the year.

Upvote 0
We were there last year the week after Thanksgiving the crowds were decent, and the weather was fantastic. It was chilly enough to wear a sweatshirt or light jacket in the morning and evening. The decorations were up, the parties happening. The candlelight processional was also happening. We had a family reunion there and were able to celebrate Christmas with family from afar. Don't forget to check out all the gingerbread houses in the resorts as well.

Upvote 0

JohnD

It's a great time to go. You get to enjoy the Christmas decorations and offerings before the huge crowds arrive. (The Candlelight Processional doesn't usually start until December, though.)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom