Thoughts on Narcoossee’s

JusticeDisney

Original Poster
I apologize as well. A first on the internet! No hard feelings.

Here's my list of restaurants:

1. Capa. Simply superb. Too bad Disney is not doing the fireworks. It's high up in the Four Seasons and provides a great viewpoint. Kids loved it.
2a. Bluezoo. It looks like the menu has been stripped down post-covid. But I've been going for years and the food has been consistently very, very good.
2b. Jiko. Incredibly unique cuisine. Just not something you'll find even in big cities.
3. Flying Fish. It looks like its temporarily closed.
4. Frontera.
Thank you! And that’s a great list to consider. I appreciate you taking the time to offer it! Be well!

castlecake2.0

Can someone please list all these amazing restaurants off property? What am I missing? I’d also say that people staying on site are probably not in the mood for an hour long drive down the I4 to visit downtown Orlando.

BASS

Can someone please list all these amazing restaurants off property? What am I missing? I’d also say that people staying on site are probably not in the mood for an hour long drive down the I4 to visit downtown Orlando.
Technically, Capa is off-property but not really. I mean, the resort is no different a drive than any other spots at Disney and its various resorts.

If anyone is interested in a drive, head to Winter Park and try The Ravenous Pig. Same folks who do Polite Pig at Disney Springs. I haven't had a chance to try Polite Pig (although the reviews on here have been generally positive) but Ravenous Pig was friggin' amazing.

Chi84

Premium Member
If everyone’s done apologizing, can I suggest Topolino’s Terrace at the top of the Riviera. We ate there yesterday, and the sole meunière was the best dish I’ve ever had on Disney property (been visiting since 1984). Service was outstanding and the views are spectacular.

JusticeDisney

Original Poster
If everyone’s done apologizing, can I suggest Topolino’s Terrace at the top of the Riviera. We ate there yesterday, and the sole meunière was the best dish I’ve ever had on Disney property (been visiting since 1984). Service was outstanding and the views are spectacular.
Sorry you didn’t like my sorry. Okay, now I’m done apologizing. LOL!

JusticeDisney

Original Poster
Thanks for that suggestion. I knew nothing about that place, but it will now be on the list!

Chi84

Premium Member
Thanks for that suggestion. I knew nothing about that place, but it will now be on the list!
We got a window seat and watched the sunset. Just a gorgeous view, and we walked through the outside lounge when we were done. Our server was excellent. DH had the tomahawk veal chop and was very happy with it.

MickeyLuv'r

I haven't been since before the pandemic, but we've had some excellent meals in Celebration. I hesitate to call it a 'downtown,' but I think they call the central area Celebration Town Center. There is a place there called Celebration Town Tavern. It has a pub atmosphere, so less formal than Narcoosee's, but the seafood was excellent. Celebration is a short drive, and the small waterfront area was enjoyable for an after dinner stroll. There are, or were multiple dining options there.

JusticeDisney

Original Poster
We got a window seat and watched the sunset. Just a gorgeous view, and we walked through the outside lounge when we were done. Our server was excellent. DH had the tomahawk veal chop and was very happy with it.
Wow, that really does sound awesome! Thanks!

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
I agree, Topolino's is fantastic. I had a wonderful steak dinner last October. Excellent meal.

On the service side, I will add my experience because it was great for a whole different set of circumstances. We were waiting for our table to be seated when I started feeling very bad. Basically my blood sure was crashing I felt like I was fainting. After some water and laying down on the bench they have in the lobby area of the restaurant, I was OK enough to be seated, but still was feeling very bad.

The waiter gave me the jungle juice they serve in the mornings and I ate a few packets of sugar and after a short bit, I was feeling much better. That juice really helped. The waiter was very very attentive the entire time and kept the juice topped off the entire dinner.

We went on to have a wonderful dinner, and that great steak! Next to maybe V&A wait service, this was once of the best service experiences at a Disney restaurant.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom