Thoughts on Hagrid's Thrill Level?

Amidala

Original Poster
I'm a HUGE baby, so I apologize if I've bothered you guys with similar threads in the past. I'm super particular when it comes to which thrill rides I'm willing to ride and which I avoid like the plague. Coasters like Everest and Mummy are fine, as are rides with mild or brief thrills like Splash Mtn, RotR, FoP, etc. but I won't ride Hulk, RnR or Incredicoaster because I hate the sensation of 0-50+mph launches. I don't think the vertical drop on Hagrid's would bother me since it seems comparable to the drop on RotR, but the fact that Hagrid's has so many launches makes me very wary to ride. My friends all insist the launches are much less intense than something like RnR and one likened the feeling of sitting in the sidecar to revving up to 60mph on Test Track (a ride I don't find thrilling in the slightest). But I'm not 100% willing to trust them on this since I know they all really want me to ride with them!

Basically what I want to know is: Do some of the larger launches feel as intense as the RnR launch, or does riding in the sidecar really dampen the sensation that much? Normally I don't get serious FOMO and am fine sitting out on rides I know I won't enjoy, but I'm a big HP fan and hate to miss out on a WWOHP attraction, especially one so impressive. Thank you!!!

Last edited:

jeanericuser001

It depends if you are in the side car or not. The side car is pretty much akin to a basic coaster seat while the other is akin to what you will get if you went on the tron coaster. The boosts are pretty intense in their suddeness but due to the smoothness of the ride there is a seamless transition. The most surprising twist for you though may be the surprise drop in the spider cave. Its a fair bit jarring to suddenly to have the entire coaster train itself drop straight down without forward or backward momentum. Beyond that the drop the rest are almost non existent. Its almost akin to riding on the highway.

Club Cooloholic

I'm a HUGE baby, so I apologize if I've bothered you guys with similar threads in the past. I'm super particular when it comes to which thrill rides I'm willing to ride and which I avoid like the plague. Coasters like Everest and Mummy are fine, as are rides with mild or brief thrills like Splash Mtn, RotR, FoP, etc. but I won't ride Hulk, RnR or Incredicoaster because I hate the sensation of 0-50+mph launches. I don't think the vertical drop on Hagrid's would bother me since it seems comparable to the drop on RotR, but the fact that Hagrid's has so many launches makes me very wary to ride. My friends all insist the launches are much less intense than something like RnR and one likened the feeling of sitting in the sidecar to revving up to 60mph on Test Track (a ride I don't find thrilling in the slightest). But I'm not 100% willing to trust them on this since I know they all really want me to ride with them!

Basically what I want to know is: Do some of the larger launches feel as intense as the RnR launch, or does riding in the sidecar really dampen the sensation that much? Normally I don't get serious FOMO and am fine sitting out on rides I know I won't enjoy, but I'm a big HP fan and hate to miss out on a WWOHP attraction, especially one so impressive. Thank you!!!
It's a great ride and really family friendly for anyone over the height limit. I have two kids that won't do most coasters and they could not wait to ride it again. I would describe as "giddy fun" not "thrilling".

Rob562

The launches definitely aren't as intense as Hulk or RnRC. Most are closer to gentle boosts rather than actual launches. I'd say the final launch is the most intense, and it'd be comparable in intensity to the uphill launch on Mummy, maybe a smidge faster.

-Rob

macefamily

Launches aren't too bad, but being in an open seat configuration intensify the speed of the ride. Seems like you're going 100 mph when in all actuality it's only 45 mph.

JillC LI

It depends if you are in the side car or not. The side car is pretty much akin to a basic coaster seat while the other is akin to what you will get if you went on the tron coaster. The boosts are pretty intense in their suddeness but due to the smoothness of the ride there is a seamless transition. The most surprising twist for you though may be the surprise drop in the spider cave. Its a fair bit jarring to suddenly to have the entire coaster train itself drop straight down without forward or backward momentum. Beyond that the drop the rest are almost non existent. Its almost akin to riding on the highway.
Unlike the OP, I don't mind intense launches and speed (I like RnRC and Mummy) but I can't handle drops (Everest andToT). Would you say this ride is not for me in that case?

jeanericuser001

Unlike the OP, I don't mind intense launches and speed (I like RnRC and Mummy) but I can't handle drops (Everest andToT). Would you say this ride is not for me in that case?
On the contrary, you will adore this ride. The drops are very minimal on this ride. Barely more than 40 feet at most and even then its at a perfect slide style glide instead of a straight down drop like some coasters have. My only gripe is with the transition from one track to another courtesy of that elevator style drop. Other than that it should be no different than that you might see on a more family friendly ride. I seriously recommend the drivers seat though. The temptation to ride it like a motorcycle is too tempting to resist and its one hell of a rush when you hit those those launches.

JT3000

The ride has one traditional coaster drop, a backwards drop and a vertical TOT-style drop, but none are very large. You can avoid the backwards drop altogether by sitting in the back of the train. The further you sit towards the front, the more you will drop back.

Last edited:

Rob562

The ride has one traditional coaster drop, a backwards drop and a vertical TOT-style drop, but none are very large. You can avoid the backwards drop altogether by sitting in the back of the train. The further you sit towards the front, the more you will drop back.

Just be aware that due to the boarding process there's no way to request a particular row. You may even be separated from your party if you're more than two people. They load constantly, filling each row as they arrive.

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom