Thoughts for a Disney Proposal

Rewalt_Yensid

Original Poster
Hi all,

I'm new to this site and was hoping for some advice and feedback. My girlfriend and I are planning to go to Disney in December. She doesn't know it yet, but I am planning to propose to her while we are there. I've got a few ideas in mind that I just wanted to bounce off the community here to see what they thought. I would love to hear what your thoughts are and also hear any experiences you may have had. She has been to Disney many times, but I've only had the chance to go to Walt Disney World twice in my life (and it has always been excellent), so I would love to hear from some more experienced Disney-goers what they think.

For proposal ideas, I have been thinking one of the following:

1. Proposing our first evening at the Port Orleans at the body of water overlooking the main resort area
2. Proposing at the Rose Garden in Magic Kingdom
3. Proposing at the Wishing Well behind the Magic Kingdom

Options 2 and 3 would allow me to get a cast member to take photos taken of the proposal, but Option 1 would most likely be the most private and intimate. Obviously, this is a personal choice I would need to make, but I would certainly love to get the thoughts and feedback from the community here. Is there anywhere I may not be thinking of, particularly at the Port Orleans or Magic Kingdom?

Thank you so much for all your help! I truly do appreciate it!

4disneylovers

In my opinion I would think early in the trip (assuming you are sure she will say yes) is better because it will give both of you longer to have that magical feeling. But I think magic kingdom. Somewhere pretty which could be castle, garden or wishing well. I just think the castle in the background would be most magical.

Rewalt_Yensid

Original Poster
In my opinion I would think early in the trip (assuming you are sure she will say yes) is better because it will give both of you longer to have that magical feeling. But I think magic kingdom. Somewhere pretty which could be castle, garden or wishing well. I just think the castle in the background would be most magical.

Thanks for the reply! She knows a proposal is coming at some point and we have discussed marriage plans at length. I don't think she suspects a proposal will come at Disney though. I was definitely planning to ask early on in the trip (either the first day at Port Orleans or on the second day when we visit Magic Kingdom).

Yeah, there's definitely a strong argument to be made for the castle - especially if you can get a Disney Photographer to capture the moment! If I did the castle, I'd probably go for the Rose Garden.

Willt

Hi all,

I'm new to this site and was hoping for some advice and feedback. My girlfriend and I are planning to go to Disney in December. She doesn't know it yet, but I am planning to propose to her while we are there. I've got a few ideas in mind that I just wanted to bounce off the community here to see what they thought. I would love to hear what your thoughts are and also hear any experiences you may have had. She has been to Disney many times, but I've only had the chance to go to Walt Disney World twice in my life (and it has always been excellent), so I would love to hear from some more experienced Disney-goers what they think.

For proposal ideas, I have been thinking one of the following:

1. Proposing our first evening at the Port Orleans at the body of water overlooking the main resort area
2. Proposing at the Rose Garden in Magic Kingdom
3. Proposing at the Wishing Well behind the Magic Kingdom

Options 2 and 3 would allow me to get a cast member to take photos taken of the proposal, but Option 1 would most likely be the most private and intimate. Obviously, this is a personal choice I would need to make, but I would certainly love to get the thoughts and feedback from the community here. Is there anywhere I may not be thinking of, particularly at the Port Orleans or Magic Kingdom?

Thank you so much for all your help! I truly do appreciate it!
I recently just proposed to my now fiance at disney back in August! I did it at Cinderella's Royal Table, alot of people do this which almost made me not want to but im glad i did, the whole process was easy and they were a big help. You get a seat by the window, the package includes champagne flutes, as well as a glass slipper that you have engraved with yalls names, date and a saying. Also there is someone there to take photos during the whole process. I was really happy and pleased with all they did

Willt

and also doing at the beginning of vacation! gives you time to celebrate and not be nervous the whole trip..and dont forget to get your "just engaged" pins to wear...you might just get some special treats..we got about 5 or 6 extra fast passes

cinderellafan6

I was proposed to eating at Cinderellas royal Table. He got the cast involved. He left to "go the the bathroom" when he came back he was dressed as Prince Charming and had someone video taping it. We were at a window table and Wishes fireworks were going off. We also received champagne flutes from the restaurant.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom