Those that have taken or will take babies under 1 yr of age

ErickainPA

We leave in 18 days with our (at that time) 7 month old son. We are debating bringing his infant car seat, he will be a lap baby on the plane, although there is always a chance there is a spare seat, but you have to lug it and take it through security (we have already traveled by plane when DS was 3 months old, we used the carseat frame stroller instead of the travel system, but we are taking his big stroller that came with the travel system so he can recline or sit up). I told hubby not sure we will need to bother with the seat, as in the parks he will be in his own stroller that reclines. He said well maybe for the buses.

So ? is have any of you used them on the DME and/or Disney transportation?

Thanks

meekoman

Me and my wife plan on bringing our daughter to WDW in Sept when she will be 10 months old. We will be flying down and meeting my sister and her boyfriend there who will be driving there to meet us. We had planned on keeping her on our lap during the flight, and bringing the carseat along for my sister's car. Do we check the carseat in and have it crushed in the cargo bay, or do we carry it down the jetway and have the airline put it in last?

Upvote 0

ErickainPA

Original Poster
meeko - you can get a carseat bag and check it. They usually won't take the carseat at the gat unless it's the snugride that you used with the stroller. You could take it and explain that you want to use it if there is a seat available, but don't count on it. I have seen the seats taken and checked since a seat wasn't purchased

Upvote 0

disneyrenee

meeko - we use a car seat bag to get our Britax Roundabout through the airport. If my toddler doesn't have a seat, we ask for one at the gate. In December we were on half-full flights to and from Dallas and they gladly gave us a seat for him. When no seat is available, we gate check the car seat in its bag. The only down side is transporting it through the airport. Our bag has wheels and rolls fairly well. If your child is still in the infant seat that too can be gate checked. When no seats were available for our seat, we gate checked the infant seat. Also, we have always gate checked our stroller.

Upvote 0

ErickainPA

Original Poster
We just got home from our trip.

Taking the big stroller really wasn't that muchof a hassle and it let DS easily nap when he needed to. The basket underneath was nice for holding all the things we brought with us to the parks. We will definately be taking it with us to CA. I also had a front carrier but honestly in the 70-80 degree heat with humidity the last 2 days of the trip, we were all more comofrtable having DS in his stroller. It rained for 2 days so we had his stroller cover and kept him dry while being able to play with his toys in his stroller while we walked around.

Was fun to run over (not really) the people that would step in front of you trying to cut you off :ROFLOL::ROFLOL::ROFLOL: It's like there is a huge walkway, why are you insisting on walking right in front of me stupid.

Upvote 0
We just got home from our trip.

Taking the big stroller really wasn't that muchof a hassle and it let DS easily nap when he needed to. The basket underneath was nice for holding all the things we brought with us to the parks.

Hope you had a great trip!! A few questions come to mind. Did you ever return to you hotel for nap time or did DS always sleep in his stroller? Did you go anywhere particularly out of the way or quieter for nap time in the stroller or did you just wander around while he slept? Did you leave all of your things in the basket under the stroller or did you have another backpack or bag that you took with you on the rides?

Going in Sept. with our DS who will be 13 months then and looking for any ideas that might help. Thanks for any information you can share.

Upvote 0

ErickainPA

Original Poster
Hope you had a great trip!! A few questions come to mind. Did you ever return to you hotel for nap time or did DS always sleep in his stroller? Did you go anywhere particularly out of the way or quieter for nap time in the stroller or did you just wander around while he slept? Did you leave all of your things in the basket under the stroller or did you have another backpack or bag that you took with you on the rides?

Going in Sept. with our DS who will be 13 months then and looking for any ideas that might help. Thanks for any information you can share.

We never went back to the hotel for naps, just let him sleep in his stroller while we walked around. Our son never got particularly fussy if he was tired so he would just fall asleep whenever he wanted and we would leave him sleep as long as he wanted. We went to AK yesterday (last day) and went to Camp Minnie & Mickey after seeing Nemo and he fell asleep in his stroller just as we arrived. So we just let him sleep instead of seeing the characters. We just sat in the shade while he napped, when he got up we took him to see the characters, it worked out great. We went into the Lion King and he loved that.

We usually only took DH's camera bag with us, occasionally the diaper bag (I had to reverse myself in the Nemo line at AK to get his bag since I had to change a dirty diaper.) Otherwise we just left the bag with the stroller all the time when we went on rides or into shows. His diaper bag is a backpack type, easier to let it hang on the stroller that way.

DS even slept in my arms while we were at the pool one day, he got fussy and I just held him and we went into the pool and stayed there for about 20 mins while he slept, was a nice break from the parks.

Don't over do the parks if you can help it. We went all 5 days to the parks and honestly we could have done 3 or 4 and that would have been more than enough, we would get in late and up early so it made for tired parents mostly. As DS could sleep whenever he needed.

Told DH I wish they had just a park of characters no other things going on, except maybe a show with the characters in it. He loved seeing the characters and interacting with them. His little face would light up when he saw them. Only time we had a fussy little man was at about midnight at Epcot at Character Connection. We had seen Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, Goofy and moving onto seeing Chip and Dale and we had a meltdown happen, he wouldn't stop crying and so we left the park after that, he was tired and we had already been at Epcot at about 9am that day, that was our return trip since it stopped raining (had rained allllllll day) Make sure to take a stroller rain cover for your stroller (if you have a Graco they sell a deluxe cover that fits really well and kept everything dry and it was easy to unzip to get DS out)

I'll try to do a trip report shortly.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom