Those Late Nighters.

WhatJaneSays

If there is an EMH at MK while on vacation I'm there till they pack out.

Any time after 1am is just beautiful. Half the time I just sit and watch the castle. Mostly though I'm running around with my giant tripod taking pictures because I refuse to bring all my camera stuff during the day. Unless I'm doing family pictures ... and can make everyone else carry it for me.:goodnevil

Marley's Ghost

The abilitiy to "walk on" to rides makes it more then worth it. Agood tip is to stay seated while asking if you can ride again. You stand up your off.

wolf359

I'm NOT an early riser, especially on vacation, so I really enjoy late Extra Magic Hours.

I always break my days into two half-days at the parks, avoiding the early EMH park of the day and ending the day at the late EMH park.
That way I usually get a fairly uncrowded start to the day, and get to close down the evening park with minimal crowds too.

The latest I've been is 3am, and after 1am the crowds are mostly gone, but the headliners usually stay busy until closing. Most of the time everything except the Mountains are a walk-on.

Now that Disney is publishing park hours 7+ months in advance it is easy to figure out which parks I'll want to visit and the timing of those visits. An added bonus to breaking down days into two halves like that is it is easier to plan dining also, since I'll already know which park I'll be in at lunch and dinner time.

EvilQueen-T

we tend to do park open to close as well no matter the hours. i will say though when we go in the summer and they're open until 3am we'll often head back to the resort to nap and swim to recharge then head back to the park. usually about the last 2 hours are less crowded.

we actually went to mk evening emh the very first summer they had them. it was before they had it on the website, before it was advertised on tv, and there was nothing but a little pamphlet at the desk of the resort. the cm didn't even mention it and if it weren't for my niece sticking her nose into everything we wouldn't have even known it existed and there was NO ONE in the park so now all evening emh seems more crowded lol. i will say that was what my niece now calls our phineas and ferb moment, "BEST DAY EVER"!

Philhar-Fanatic

The only EMH we attend are the evening EMH at MK. These few hours are the highlight of the trip always! We go back and rest during the afternoon and come back after dinner and stay til they make us leave. Nothing beats a snack from the Bakery in the wee hours of the morning on the way to the bus! Our kids are 9 and 10 now but we've been doing this since our 1st trip when they were 6 and 7. We don't get park tickets for the day after and we sleep in, hang at the hotel and swim, and then dinner at Wolfgangs DTD!

Gaston's Pecs

I've done a 3am EMH @ MK during the 4th of July week in 2010. It was totally awesome, not too many people and you can hit all the big rides over and over again with no wait. The only issue was Space Mountain was down that night. :brick:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom