Those dang kids with those Heelez!!!

MagliteL13

robynchic said:
More horror stories! I was working today, and saw a kid using his heelez with a plate full of food at the Crystal Palace!

If I were in the vicinity (and not in your current work situation ;) ) I'd have shouted out something like "This isn't a drive-in, stop with the skates."

I don't care if they're 'technically' not skates, they got wheels. The Rust-Eze Girls, Christmas Parade, and the old TL custodial and stuff--that's all kinda different. Trained, wearing proper protection, and, in most cases, a semi-isolated enviroment.
*Steps off soapbox* (what exactly is a soapbox anyways?)

goofntink

Just got back from our vacation at WDW,and everyone here will be happy to hear this. Directly from the Directory of Services given to us at check-in.And was actually opened and shown to 3 families ahead of us with children,one of which had their children told by the check-in Resort Cm to stop skating in the lobby.Those parents were asked to have their children remove the shoes and the other were asked if they did have the shoes to either leave them in their vehicle,or put them away for the duration of their stay at the resort.They were also told,If their child were caught using the shoes they would be confiscated and returned at the end of their stay.:sohappy: Am also happy to report it was also told to a number of kids and parents in the parks also.:D

This is word for word from the directory below:

IN-LINE SKATING

Florida law does not permit in-line skating on roadways,pedestrian sidewalks,or parking lots. Please see a Park or Resort Cast Member for information concerning appropriate in-line skating locations.

FigmentJedi

MagliteL13 said:
*Steps off soapbox* (what exactly is a soapbox anyways?)
A soapbox was a wooden crate that they used to ship bars of soap in, used in making old fashioned go carts and were stood on by politicians to make speeches on. But now we have made more advances in box shipping technology and soap is shipped in cardboard now...

zeroFantasy

I feel your pain! Exactly, a kid smashes into something and gets hurt and the next thing you know the parents are sueing Disney... Everything is Disney's fault!

Videoteck

Original Poster
Well when I go to Disney next month we shall see if these kids are still wearing this Heelys...

By the way...
Anybody remember Soap Shoes lol!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom