Those carts that sell ice cream in the parks

Erin_Akey

Original Poster
Okay,
So I know this seems like a very trivial thing, but I have a question. Since my last trip last year, I now can no longer have any sugar for medical reasons. My next trip is in a few weeks. Does anyone know if the little carts sell a sugar free or no sugar added treat? I for the life of me cannot remember????

I used to love those swirly multi colored popsicles but cannot ever remember seeing something diet????

Silly huh? :)

Rob562

The menus that AllEars has on their site for the Ice Cream/Treat carts in the MK list "No Sugar Added (Splenda) Strawberry Fruit Bar" for $2.75.

There's also an Edy's Strawberry Fruit Bar, but it's not specifically listed as being sugar-free.

I know that the menu boards will specifically list the items as Sugar Free (I know because the brownies served at many of the counter service places are listed as being a no-sugar-added brownie)

And looking at the menus here on WDWMagic, I see that the Plaza Ice Cream Parlor has a "No sugar added raspberry sorbet" as a flavor.
http://www.wdwmagic.com/Dining/Plaz...nus/08Feb2010-Plaza-Ice-Cream-Parlor-menu.htm

-Rob

dreamfinder

My understanding is that each cart should stock 1 sugar free item. And if they don't they are able to call and get one brought over for you. Not sure how true this is as I have never tried it, but that is what I have read.

tigsmom

I'm diabetic and I have been able to find sugar free frozen treats in each park and some yummy desserts in the restaurants, just ask.

glee

Okay,
So I know this seems like a very trivial thing, but I have a question. Since my last trip last year, I now can no longer have any sugar for medical reasons. My next trip is in a few weeks. Does anyone know if the little carts sell a sugar free or no sugar added treat? I for the life of me cannot remember????

I used to love those swirly multi colored popsicles but cannot ever remember seeing something diet????

Yeah im almost postive that they do! :) They always have this fruit thing when im there (Not a fan of sugar....Im a fun teenager i know :lol: )and i lways have them.

kal1484

As of about four years ago, a few wagons had sugar-free Strawberry, just ask at the wagon and they will know where the closest it. However I would not suggest going to the wagons for these. They are not a very popular, so they may have been in the freezer for a while.

MissM

I'm the exact opposite. I'm allergic to artificial sweeteners, so I have to pay VERY close attention these days since they sneak Splenda in a lot of items. (Even items that also contain HFCS or sugar.)

WDW seems to be pretty good about letting you know something is "sugar free" and/or "no sugar added." (As in the case of the quick-serve brownie already mentioned.)

One item they don't do a good job mentioning is the Minute Maid Lemonade everywhere on property is actually Minute Maid Light. You can see here that it's artificially sweetened. So, in your case, it might be one to add to your list.

rockstarprinces

dreamfinder is correct. Each standalone ice cream stands are supposed to stock 2 sugar-free vanilla cups of ice cream. It is not on the menu, you have to ask for it and they usually don't have spoons there to eat it. If they don't have it, they will direct you somewhere that does or get some sent over.

wdwprincess03 is right in regards to how long they have been in there. When in doubt, try to find a place that advertises sugar-free items or talk to Guest Relations when you first enter the park.

Hope this helps. :)

MAGICFLOP

Okay,

The time it took to type all that you could've asked them as you walked by. "How ya fixed for sugarless" :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom