Thor is coming to Disneyland... Um... YAY!

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
raven24, you are one of the few people that know my real name (although you may have forgotten by now), and so you can imagine how surprised I was when I saw this thread title. I thought you were stalking me! :D

HAHAHAHAHA, I just remembered that was your name!

Totally not stalking you, but I definitely know where you live...

Kidding, of course.:D

TuffyCatt

Thor :inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove:

uhh err... oh! Right a post.:oops:

So disney can do marvel just not in florida? Does USH have any marvel stuff I never been there?

I was just about to ask "why not WDW too!" and be sad, but I'd completely forgotten about the Florida rule thing. I do love Thor...sigh... I like that poster from the blog post too.

Californian Elitist

Original Poster

So disney can do marvel just not in florida? Does USH have any marvel stuff I never been there?

USH got rid of their Marvel rights years ago. I believe they're now forbidden from using Marvel in the park, the exact opposite in Florida.

coachwnh

In the Parks
No

lazyboy97o

Universal failed to build a second Marvel Super Hero Island somewhere in the world within the required time period and gave up the exclusive global rights to Marvel. They entered into separate agreements for Universal Studios Japan, which has a clone of The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man, and Universal Studios Hollywood, which had some meet and greets, a shop, possibly an eatery and decided not to renew this deal not too long before the acquisition announcement.

TP2000

Universal failed to build a second Marvel Super Hero Island somewhere in the world within the required time period and gave up the exclusive global rights to Marvel. They entered into separate agreements for Universal Studios Japan, which has a clone of The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man, and Universal Studios Hollywood, which had some meet and greets, a shop, possibly an eatery and decided not to renew this deal not too long before the acquisition announcement.

As I remember it, the Marvel presence at Universal Hollywood was a bad theme restaurant on the Upper Lot in the late 1990's, just as the Bad Theme Restaurant fad of the 1990's was meeting its inevitable end.

Funny how these legal things work. Now Disneyland has sole rights to this new Marvel stuff in North America.

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
Last month, we gave you the news that Thor – from “The Avengers” and the upcoming movie “Thor: The Dark World” – would be coming to Disneyland park this fall. Today, I’m happy to share even more about this exciting new experience, opening November 1.

Astrophysicist Jane Foster, who established a special relationship with Thor, has been studying the “Bifrost,” a cosmic bridge that allows Thor to travel between the Nine Realms, including Earth. She has determined that the Bifrost is set to open again in Southern California and pinpointed the precise location as Innoventions at Disneyland park.

Inside Innoventions, Foster and her team are preparing for the opening of the Bifrost with the installation of Thor: Treasures of Asgard, a collection of objects brought to Earth straight from Asgard. After viewing the exhibit, you’ll be invited to enter a chamber where the Bifrost will transport you to Asgard for an audience with Thor himself!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom