This Week in Disney History

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Original Poster
April 14

1934 -- "The Big Bad Wolf" (Silly Symphony) is released.
1989 -- Touchstone Pictures releases Disorganized Crime.

April 15

1932 -- "Barnyard Olympics" (Mickey Mouse cartoon short) is released to coincide with the Olympics in Los Angeles.
1938 -- "Donald's Nephews" (Donald Duck cartoon short), the debut of Huey, Dewey, and Louie, is released.
1962 -- "Disneyland After Dark" debuts on "Walt Disney's Wonderful World of Color" (television series).
1973 -- Tom Sawyer Island opens at the Magic Kingdom Park.
1973 - The Walt Disney Story opens at the Magic Kingdom Park.
1983 -- Tokyo Disneyland Park opens.
1996 -- Mickey's Toontown opens at Tokyo Disneyland Park.
1997 -- "Soul Man" (television series) debuts on ABC.

April 16

1928 -- "Ride 'em Plowboy!" (Oswald cartoon short) is released.
1931 -- "Mother Goose Melodies" (Silly Symphony) is released.
2001 -- Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge opens at the Walt Disney World Resort.

April 17

1937 -- "Mickey's Amateurs" (Mickey Mouse cartoon short) is released.

April 18

1927 -- "Alice's Circus Daze" (Alice short) is released.
1936 -- "Three Little Wolves" (Silly Symphony) is released.
1941 -- "Baggage Buster" (Goofy cartoon short) is released.
1953 -- "The Simple Things," the last Mickey Mouse cartoon until "Mickey's Christmas Carol" in 1983, is released.
1983 -- Disney Channel begins broadcasting.
1994 -- "Beauty and the Beast - A New Musical" premieres at the Palace Theatre in New York.
1998 -- Toon Disney, The Walt Disney Company's all-cartoon network, debuts on cable.

April 19

1997 -- "My Date with the President's Daughter" premieres on "The Wonderful World of Disney" (television series).
1999 -- Tobacco products are no longer sold in any of the four Walt Disney World theme parks, and smoking is prohibited in all waiting areas, attractions, stores, dining areas, rest rooms, and locations designated for parade and show viewing.

April 20

1935 -- "The Robber Kitten" (Silly Symphony) is released.
1945 -- "African Diary" (Goofy cartoon short) is released.
1946 -- Walt Disney Pictures world premieres Make Mine Music.
1991 -- Donald's Dairy Dip and Pluto's Dog House officially open at Downtown Disney Marketplace.
1992 -- Disney Channel debuts "Goof Troop" (television series).

CSOM

Originally posted by mktiggerman
April 19

1999 -- Tobacco products are no longer sold in any of the four Walt Disney World theme parks, and smoking is prohibited in all waiting areas, attractions, stores, dining areas, rest rooms, and locations designated for parade and show viewing.

Is anyone else surprised by this? Did they ever sell tobacoo products? I thought it was a long longer ago than that

MicBat

Actually, come to think of it. When I was on my grad nite trip, some people bought cigarettes from the lobby at the hotel (All Star Music). Hmmm....
Great info! Remember that show "Soul Man"??? LOL... that one didn't last too long..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom