This is sorta complicated...

sweetpee_1993

...but I thought I'd ask because if anyone has ever actually done this I'm sure it was someone here. LOL!

Next month the hubby and I will be staying at POFQ for 9 nights. Last night he was sorta whining about wishing we were staying back at the Contemporary or somewhere else on the monorail because he really liked that convenience. I checked availability at the Contemporary on the .com and I don't think we could get in the tower for the length of our stay. Hypothetically, after we got down there if I checked the availability would it be possible to move to a different resort spur of the moment without penalty??? Has anyone else ever done this? I just got to thinking about it and I thought it would be fun to surprise him somehow if I could. :animwink:

RiversideBunny

I think that it would be best to have reservations before you go.

BTW you are talking about a big $ difference, particularly if you want the tower.
Maybe you could just surprise him with a nice box of Twinkies or something.
That would be a lot more economical.

My big dream is to be surprised by a free stay at the Grand Floridian.
Hasn't happened yet.

:king:

Upvote 0

hcphish

I don't know about changing resorts in the middle of the trip but I know of people having more than one resort while they were on a single trip but had prior reservations to do it that way...without penalty.

Your best bet is to just make a reservation and split the trip in two. To answer your question though, yes you can stay at more than one resort during one trip.

Upvote 0

sweetpee_1993

Original Poster
Thanks, Pam. ;) Didn't want to put you thru anymore work unless I was absolutely, positively sure. I'm thinking we'll stick with what we have. In the last week we've had a whole bunch of medical bills roll in...and we just ordered our new bedroom furniture (it only took 14 years & 7 months to finally get ourselves our own brand new bedroom set). LOL!

Thanks all for your replies, too. :wave:

Upvote 0

Disneykidder

You could stay at POFQ for 1/2 of the trip and then move mid-trip without telling him. You could just have bell hop take the bags there. Then in the evening you can have dinner at the Contemp. and slip away during to check in. Then you can walk around the resort and magically your key card will fit into a door. Poof...Disney magic!!

Good luck...great idea!!:)

Upvote 0

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Thanks, Pam. ;) Didn't want to put you thru anymore work unless I was absolutely, positively sure. I'm thinking we'll stick with what we have. In the last week we've had a whole bunch of medical bills roll in...and we just ordered our new bedroom furniture (it only took 14 years & 7 months to finally get ourselves our own brand new bedroom set). LOL!

Thanks all for your replies, too. :wave:

You can always split your stay too, since you're there for 9 days.

Also, dunno if your trip falls into the dates, but there is a special offer for Cabins at Ft Wilderness next month. Less then Contemporary in price, but a fairly large room with multiple beds, and it has the boats to MK.

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/special/offerDetail?id=08_Q3CampgroundContingencyOfferPage

Edit, just looked at the dates in your sig and they do. You might want to consider it.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom