this is rediculous an epcot/magic kingdom copy??

nelsonj3

I guess the old saying, "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery" applies here.

The park actually looks kind of interesting. The SSE knockoff is the only thing that bothers me a little- especially since it is a dome and not a geosphere.

dolbyman

most german parks have some disney copys ..

phantasialand has a ghost dark ride with singin buts (same projection method)

Coastercameron

Europa Park has some ideas clearly lifted from Disney, but for everyone here to get thier panties in a bunch is kind of ridiculous. If you did a little more research, you would find that Europa Park is MUCH different from any Disney park, and is a very high quality place. It is owned and operated by Mack Gmbh, the ride mfg. who made Journey To Atlantis, and is completeing the Driving Machines over at IOA. I have yet to see a bad comment about Europa Park from people who have actually been there.

Teenchy

Coastercameron said:
Europa Park has some ideas clearly lifted from Disney, but for everyone here to get thier panties in a bunch is kind of ridiculous. If you did a little more research, you would find that Europa Park is MUCH different from any Disney park, and is a very high quality place. It is owned and operated by Mack Gmbh, the ride mfg. who made Journey To Atlantis, and is completeing the Driving Machines over at IOA. I have yet to see a bad comment about Europa Park from people who have actually been there.

I dont think anyone has their panties anywhere. It actually is the nicest ...lets call it "Disney inspired" copy I've seen. So many other parks try but come up so short...i.e. Nara Dreamland. No plans to go to Germany anytime soon, but looks like a nice place to visit.

Tim G

CommandoDisney said:
both of those parks really creep the heck out of me
Have you been there??? did you visit???

Obviously not. so don't judge...

I've visited the place in 2000 and it was a rather fun place to spend your day in... :D

WRE4ever

Original Poster
Coastercameron said:

yeh i just started the thread to share it with everyone because I didn't realize that there was a obvious disney copy out there plus in my second post i said the park actually looks realy fun the coasters look amazing so no panties bunched up here..

mmartelli

I believe the plans for EPCOT were well underway before the plans for this one. Check out the concept art on display at MGM's Walt Disney Exhibit. It would also be alittle odd that the German's would build a geodesic Sphere like SSE...(The geodesic sphere was a creation of American Engineer Buckminster Fuller. and Epcot's SSE is one of the most prominent examples of the building type. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geodesic_dome. I have dug deep into my University's architecture library and have not been able to find any refference to a geodesic sphere built at a theme park in Germany. (The books I found were from the mid 80's).

Today's EPCOT differes greatly from Walt Disney's vision of his Experimental Prototype Community of Tomorrow, but I am willing to bet that this Euro-Epcot is nothing more than a cheap knock off of the Disney Version. I will sertainly keep digging into this matter as I am an architecture student with a minor in architectural history.

Coastercameron

My bad, I misjudged the tone of the OP... The whole "This is ridiculous" part made me think someone was getting a little too "Disneyfensive" and playing the "JUMP! to conclusions" game from Office Space :lol:

Glad to see there is hope left here! :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom