Think there will be a return to the 180-day window for ADR’s?

correcaminos

They definitely did not fix that “hoarding” years ago. On our trip just last month, we used 3 different accounts that members of our party had and grabbed as many ADR’s as we could at the 60-day mark. However, we then got together within a day or 2 of making the ADR’s and promptly cancelled all the ones we knew we weren’t going to use.
Better than before. Many do not have multiple accounts. Those with kids under 13 cannot have them either.

Not sure why you'd want to prove that you do hoard, but many cannot do as you did.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
They definitely did not fix that “hoarding” years ago. On our trip just last month, we used 3 different accounts that members of our party had and grabbed as many ADR’s as we could at the 60-day mark. However, we then got together within a day or 2 of making the ADR’s and promptly cancelled all the ones we knew we weren’t going to use.
So everyone in your party was allowed to make plans for everyone else?

JusticeDisney

Original Poster
Better than before. Many do not have multiple accounts. Those with kids under 13 cannot have them either.

Not sure why you'd want to prove that you do hoard, but many cannot do as you did.
First off, I didn’t hoard. We met the night before the 60-day mark and agreed what options we wanted to pursue. The next day we all signed on at 6am and did the best we could. Some of us got luckier than others. The day after that, we got together and compared ADR’s and immediately cancelled every one that we weren’t going to use. That’s not hoarding, it’s just plain smart. Oh, and for the record, a CM specifically advised us to do that, and then just promptly cancel the ones we weren’t going to use.

Anyway, my main point was that you were incorrect when you stated that they “fixed” this years ago.

correcaminos

First off, I didn’t hoard. We met the night before the 60-day mark and agreed what options we wanted to pursue. The next day we all signed on at 6am and did the best we could. Some of us got luckier than others. The day after that, we got together and compared ADR’s and immediately cancelled every one that we weren’t going to use. That’s not hoarding, it’s just plain smart. Oh, and for the record, a CM specifically advised us to do that, and then just promptly cancel the ones we weren’t going to use.

Anyway, my main point was that you were incorrect when you stated that they “fixed” this years ago.
First off you came in saying you can hoard and what you did. So yes, you hoarded for a day. Smart or not, it's what you did.

My point stands, you cannot hoard the way they used to. Nor can you just ignore ADRs without penalty as the previous poster said. But you missed that part, I guess. Also as I said not all can or will create many accounts. No single person can hoard like the poster was talking about.

So everyone in your party was allowed to make plans for everyone else?
Every person with an account can. Kids cannot have their own account until 13. You cannot attach it to guests with another account if they have a reservation as well. So not perfect, but it's not the free for all it was before.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member

Well, it was fixed at some point, but has apparently been broken again. Whenever we tried to make more than one ADR for anyone else in our party that already had an ADR, the system would not let us do that. We were just trying to see if it was fixed. This was before COVID and the change to the 60 day window, so the change in programming by their IT is probably what broke the fix.
Every person with an account can. Kids cannot have their own account until 13. You cannot attach it to guests with another account if they have a reservation as well. So not perfect, but it's not the free for all it was before.
But it sounds like that is exactly what he did, and I thought you couldn't do anymore.

correcaminos

Well, it was fixed at some point, but has apparently been broken again. Whenever we tried to make more than one ADR for anyone else in our party that already had an ADR, the system would not let us do that. We were just trying to see if it was fixed. This was before COVID and the change to the 60 day window, so the change in programming by their IT is probably what broke the fix.

But it sounds like that is exactly what he did, and I thought you couldn't do anymore.
I think there is confusion on what can be done. It used to be a singular person could book more than one ADR at a time. No credit card penalties either so people would book and no show.

As of right now if you put in all the guests, you cannot hold two reservations at the same time. You can book with a number and not label who the guests are. Just last month I used the wrong account to redo ADR and it didn't like that I already had one. To hold more than 1 per party you need multiple accounts. You cannot have accounts for under 13 either so that leaves out many for those with young kids.

It's better and they did fix the hoarding of ADRs by a single person.

JusticeDisney

Original Poster
First off you came in saying you can hoard and what you did. So yes, you hoarded for a day. Smart or not, it's what you did.

My point stands, you cannot hoard the way they used to. Nor can you just ignore ADRs without penalty as the previous poster said. But you missed that part, I guess. Also as I said not all can or will create many accounts. No single person can hoard like the poster was talking about.

Nope, didn’t hoard. We had no idea what the other member of our party had booked, if they had booked anything at all. Hoarding is when you have one reservation and then knowingly take another one just so you have options. That’s not what we did. We all made our own reservations, and then promptly consulted with one another to make sure that we got rid of any that overlapped and weren’t going to be used. So, no matter how many times you try to be confrontational, you’re simply wrong.

And another way in which you are totally wrong is, you claimed that you could no longer make multiple reservations on multiple accounts. I simply pointed out that that statement by you is simply incorrect. And it is. You would be better served to just admit that what you said was wrong, but clearly you’re the type of person who can never bring yourself to do that. You did not claim that they had made it harder to hoard or that they had changed things. Rather, you claimed that you outright cannot use multiple accounts to make multiple ADR’s. And again, you could not be more wrong in making that statement.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
I think there is confusion on what can be done. It used to be a singular person could book more than one ADR at a time. No credit card penalties either so people would book and no show.

As of right now if you put in all the guests, you cannot hold two reservations at the same time. You can book with a number and not label who the guests are. Just last month I used the wrong account to redo ADR and it didn't like that I already had one. To hold more than 1 per party you need multiple accounts. You cannot have accounts for under 13 either so that leaves out many for those with young kids.

It's better and they did fix the hoarding of ADRs by a single person.
Ok, as that was my confusion. If you don't label the guests, then multiple people can make ADRs for the same time. You just have to decide on one when you put in who the other guests are.

JusticeDisney

Original Poster
Ok, as that was my confusion. If you don't label the guests, then multiple people can make ADRs for the same time. You just have to decide on one when you put in who the other guests are.
You don’t ever have to list who the actual guests on a reservation are. Only the lead guest is noted.

correcaminos

Yep, you got it.

Nope, didn’t hoard. We had no idea what the other member of our party had booked, if they had booked anything at all. Hoarding is when you have one reservation and then knowingly take another one just so you have options. That’s not what we did. We all made our own reservations, and then promptly consulted with one another to make sure that we got rid of any that overlapped and weren’t going to be used. So, no matter how many times you try to be confrontational, you’re simply wrong.

And another way in which you are totally wrong is, you claimed that you could no longer make multiple reservations on multiple accounts. I simply pointed out that that statement by you is simply incorrect. And it is. You would be better served to just admit that what you said was wrong, but clearly you’re the type of person who can never bring yourself to do that. You did not claim that they had made it harder to hoard or that they had changed things. Rather, you claimed that you outright cannot use multiple accounts to make multiple ADR’s. And again, you could not be more wrong in making that statement.
You misread (or I mistyped, which I dyslexic so possible but don't see it), but I said you needed multiple accounts to do this. You cannot hoard just on one. Maybe that will clear it up for you.

As for hoarding or not, don't care tbh what others do. No dining at Disney is that worth it to me. Just was repeating what you said you did. Have a good one.

G00fyDad

I think they (like me) misunderstood your post to mean that you collected them all then cancelled them the night before each ADR was due (day you ate there).

JusticeDisney

Original Poster
I think they (like me) misunderstood your post to mean that you collected them all then cancelled them the night before each ADR was due (day you ate there).
I hear you. Nope, that’s not what we did at all. We independently made reservations and then the day after we made them, we compared what we each got and cancelled all of the ones that were overlapping and weren’t going to be used. And incidentally, there were only a few such reservations.

SteveAZee

I suppose they could release reservations in phases... some at 180 days, some at 90, some 60, 30, 1 week and 'day of'. It probably gives Disney enough information to staff and plan but also lets planners plan, and spontaneites be spontaneous with everything in between.

danyoung56

What they fixed was the case of one person holding multiple reservations. If you're creative you can still game the system.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
What they fixed was the case of one person holding multiple reservations. If you're creative you can still game the system.
True, until they start requiring that if you make a reservation for more than 1, you have to tie their MDE profiles to that reservation. That would finally kill it.

nickys

Premium Member

You can but it involves a work around. Since you don’t need to name anyone else when booking it is possible that each person in the party has a reservation in their name, even if one person does the booking.

And actually that’s exactly what you have to do if you’re booking for a large group.

True, until they start requiring that if you make a reservation for more than 1, you have to tie their MDE profiles to that reservation. That would finally kill it.
It would also stop locals from booking at Disney Springs or resorts with guests who don’t have an MDE account. Not everyone dining at Disney are staying there.

If Jim who lives in Kissimmee and has his cousins visiting, he can take them to dine at GF , AKL or DIsney Springs. If they had to have an MDE account first, that would stop that kind of booking.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom