Things You Have Never Done But Always Wanted To Do At Disneyland

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

Original Poster
The only 2 attractions (or shows) we had not done were the Sailing Ship Columbia and the Canoes. In a rare event, both were running during our trip last month. I screamed a little when I saw the canoes going- we stopped what we were doing to head towards them. It was actually very fun!
I have always wanted to ride the canoes. it looks soo much fun

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

Original Poster
You need to see the Tiki Room. And you need to take at least one of the boats around the river. :) But when you're with a group, it's always better to go with the flow and have a good time together, so I totally understand your situation. When DL still had the Country Bears, I found bribery sometimes helped with my group (Hey, I'll buy popcorn for anyone who'll see Country Bears with me! Hamburger? A plush? There we go!)

I'm a fossil, and have seen, ridden and done just about everything I wanted EXCEPT ride Space Mountain with the lights on--Either during a reset or special event. I'd love that!
I want to see TIKKI ROOM at least once in my lifetime.

Phroobar

yeah I can't afford it lol
I remember as a kid going to the Charlie Chaplin's movie studio (now the Jim Henson Company Studios) in 1978 and having a cub scout pack meeting for Christmas. It was a pretty amazing experience. We got a tour of the studio. Watched old Chaplin movies and opened Christmas presents handed out by Darth Vader!!! The amazing thing was this was a real Darth Vader costume and not someone running around in a black shirt, cape and cheap mask. Each family got the new Carpenter's Christmas album. That was amazing pack meeting!

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

Original Poster
I remember as a kid going to the Charlie Chaplin's movie studio (now the Jim Henson Company Studios) in 1978 and having a cub scout pack meeting for Christmas. It was a pretty amazing experience. We got a tour of the studio. Watched old Chaplin movies and opened Christmas presents handed out by Darth Vader!!! The amazing thing was this was a real Darth Vader costume and not someone running around in a black shirt, cape and cheap mask. Each family got the new Carpenter's Christmas album. That was amazing pack meeting!
WOW That is awesome. very cool story. was it one of the screen used Vader suits?

es135

Go to Disney Animal Kingdom and have the whole theater to yourself.

I've done this at rope drop at the park pre-Pandora. The cast members seemed genuinely surprised to see me there! That being said, having one of the theater attractions to yourself can be pure magic. My boyfriend and I had Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln right before park close on our last trip. I still get chills thinking about it!

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

Original Poster
I've done this at rope drop at the park pre-Pandora. The cast members seemed genuinely surprised to see me there! That being said, having one of the theater attractions to yourself can be pure magic. My boyfriend and I had Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln right before park close on our last trip. I still get chills thinking about it!
That sounds like a neat experience. thank you for sharing. I love hearing these type of stories and people's responses to the thread.

Phroobar

Having great moments with Mr. Lincoln? What are you doing? Making out in front of Mr. Lincoln?

Jedi Stitch

You have to do the Tiki Room. The canoes are always fun, and last weekend this august we even got be in the Fresh Baked Disney when Dave was filming from the Mark Twain shooting down to us on the Dock. That was pretty awesome, and that was something I had yet to do at Disney. You should try to do things because my only regret is planning to do something and when I finally get another chance the ride or attraction is no longer and being replaced. I never got see DCA when it first opened and they had to rebrand it. I wish I rode Pirates more and videod it before all the PC and SJW took over at theming.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

Original Poster
You have to do the Tiki Room. The canoes are always fun, and last weekend this august we even got be in the Fresh Baked Disney when Dave was filming from the Mark Twain shooting down to us on the Dock. That was pretty awesome, and that was something I had yet to do at Disney. You should try to do things because my only regret is planning to do something and when I finally get another chance the ride or attraction is no longer and being replaced. I never got see DCA when it first opened and they had to rebrand it. I wish I rode Pirates more and videod it before all the PC and SJW took over at theming.
I really want to see the Tikki Room. it is on the top of my list.

Stevek

I think the only things I've never done are 1) Go inside Walt's Apartment and 2) Visit the Dream Suite...I went into the latter many times when it was the Gallery.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom