Things to do during less crowded times

tink729

Original Poster
Hey everyone, I am headed to The World in September/October and it will be my first time staying there when it is not Peak Season. I'm looking for things to do that wouldn't necessarily be as convenient or easy to do when it is most crowded. So far I have the Keys to the Kingdom tour, Behind the Seeds tour, and MNSSHP booked, but I am looking for other suggestions to fill up my week there. Anything from food to things I shouldn't miss seeing/doing would be great! Thanks! :)

HornsofaSteer

The steam train tour is really good as well.

Perhaps you could wander around and look for hidden Disney magic? And of course go on all the rides that usually have huge lines. :]

danhoeft

Eat

Go to some great World showcase restaurants like Germany, Japan, Italy, you know the ones that you usually have to call 5 months in advanced for.

DisneyDebNJ

Your schedule so far, looks great! Don't forget, that's also Food and Wine festival time at Epcot!! There are several really great things to do during that time regarding the festival.

tink729

Original Poster
Your schedule so far, looks great! Don't forget, that's also Food and Wine festival time at Epcot!! There are several really great things to do during that time regarding the festival.

I'm excited for the F&W festival too! I'm hoping World Showcase won't be too crowded because of the festival, but either way it will still be worth the experience. Have you ever tried one of the seminars that I've been reading about?

Also, out of curiosity, has anyone been to WDW the last week of September/first few days of October? I'm looking for an estimate of crowds and wait times, too.

Lisalyn

I just checked Touring Plans and your park crowd levels look pretty good right now for the last week in September...first week in October. Pretty much anywhere between 2-4's out of 10's...so those are good!

For your original question..how about some of the shows? Like Festival of the Lion King, or Nemo or AK....Fantasmic at Hollywood Studios...these are all things I plan on doing that I can never do normally because I usually go the week of Thanksgiving...this year I'll be there September 18th for a week!

Have a blast!:wave:

mergatroid

I'm excited for the F&W festival too! I'm hoping World Showcase won't be too crowded because of the festival, but either way it will still be worth the experience. Have you ever tried one of the seminars that I've been reading about?

Also, out of curiosity, has anyone been to WDW the last week of September/first few days of October? I'm looking for an estimate of crowds and wait times, too.

Hi, my wife and I go in October each year (did September once but my wife found it too hot still) and we're going on the 12th Oct this year for 3 weeks. Unfortunately it's not that quiet (not as bad as Christmas day though) but I'm sure you'll have a great time. If you're not staying on property make sure you check which parks are early entry days for onsite guests and avoid them.

Disneydreamer23

u picked the best tiime to go sept into oct is when i go every yr except thids yr due to getting married im doing oct into nov! lets see how this one goes!

DisneyDebNJ

End of September/October during the festival is a great time to go, however, during the weekends, Epcot gets very busy during Food and Wine festival. (locals as well as out of town vacationers hit the festival) Over the years we have done several seminars, and attended a few special attractions. I HIGHLY recommend Party for the Senses. (Make sure you have no dinner reservations that night!!!) Below, is a list of various going ons during the festival. Have a great time!!!

First Bites Opening Reception (Sept. 29, 6:30-9 p.m.)
“3D” Disney’s Dessert Discovery (Oct. 7, 14, 21, 28, Nov. 4, 11)
Taste, Shake and Indulge Like the French Grand Marnier Tasting and Interactive Experience (Oct. 8, 15, 22, 29, Nov. 5)
Epcot Wine Schools (Oct. 9, 16, 23, 30, Nov. 5)
Culinary Adventures in Signature Dining (Oct. 6, 12, 13, 18, 19, 20, 21, 23, 27, 30, Nov. 1, 2, 3, 7, 10)
Kitchen Memories, formerly Celebrating Family & Friends in the Kitchen (Sept. 30, Oct. 7, 14, 21, 28, Nov. 4, 11)
Cheese Seminars (Oct. 1, 8, 15, 22, 29, Nov. 5, 12)
Party for the Senses (Oct. 8, 15, 22, Nov. 5 and 12 at new times: 7:30-10 p.m.)
Food & Wine Pairings (Mondays, Tuesdays)
Sweet Sundays (Oct. 2, 9, 16, 223, 30, Nov. 6, 13)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom