Things Disney Could Do to Make the Experience Even Better

Club Cooloholic

Original Poster
Eating at the World is great, but on my last trip to Orlando I took the family to Roy's, its Hawaiian fusion cuisine and we used to go to the local one for my wife's birthday every year till they closed it. Amazing food, but what takes it over the top is that when I reserved it they ask a few questions about the party, I mentioned my 2 yr old daughter was really into bats at the time. When we got there they had a special kids menu just for her with her name on it and little flying bats all over it. A really nice touch. The manager also came by and offered us games and books to keep her occupied. Amazing place, the prices are upscale yet they make families feel welcome(an orlando thing).
The books and games and specially printed menu for kids would be a great touch for some of the nice restaurants at Disney. Anyone have any other places that have cool things Disney could adopt.

Phonedave

V & A's does that - sort of. When you make your reservation they ask about food prefrences, allergies, etc. Your menu is then customized to meet those requirements.

If you have a VIP card at Mortons: The Steakhouse then you get preferred seating (you can walk up without a reservation and get the next table). You also get a wine locker for free (if they are available) and free after dinner cordials. They also tend to remember your name and prefrences.

Mortons was recently bought by Landrys - its is somehow attached to the Landry's group now so they ended up sending me a Mortons VIP / Landry Select card. Supposedly I can get priority seating at all Landrys locations except a few that are listed as exceptions - yak and yeti is not listed as an exception - interesting.

Anyway, if WDW restaruants did some sort of recognition, it would be nice. After all, the vast majority of people eating there are on advanced reservations.

-dave

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom