They're Busts!!!!!!

HMGhost13

Original Poster
Mansion Mirrors Ride

Marsha Thomason, who plays Eddie Murphy's wife in the upcoming supernatural movie Haunted Mansion, told SCI FI Wire that the film will feature elements of the popular Disney theme-park ride on which it is based. "We've got the singing heads," Thomason said in an interview. "We've got the whole mausoleum. We've got Madame Leota. Jennifer Tilly is playing Madame Leota. There's a whole lot of the Disney ride in the movie."

Murphy plays a workaholic who travels with his family to a haunted house for a job interview. The ghosts he meets teach him about the importance of family. "It's fab," Thomason said. "We're having such a good time. It's so much fun. [Murphy's] kids have been on the set, and his wife."

Haunted Mansion, directed by Rob Minkoff (the Stuart Little films) will be released in November.

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/art-main.html?2003-02/03/12.00.film

now if i remember correctly, Minkoff said there would be NO references to the ride. friggin liar...

SirNim

They'd better utilize the HM effects, story, features, etc. Or else, well then, what a waste! I hope Disney really spends some time on this movie, and uses the potential within the HM itself to create a movie with potential!:)

HMGhost13

Original Poster
theyw on';t read the other threads i've posted about this...it's some feel good family movie...not what the haunted Mansion should be...the guy who's doing this film did the stuart little mvoies. he should stick to the kiddie books and let the big boys do the real movies.

imagineer boy

Originally posted by HMGhost13
theyw on';t read the other threads i've posted about this...it's some feel good family movie...not what the haunted Mansion should be...the guy who's doing this film did the stuart little mvoies. he should stick to the kiddie books and let the big boys do the real movies.

Now, don't judge a book by its cover.

ACE

Since you don't think this movie is gonna be any good, could you tell us your idea of how the movie should be.

I will save my judgement till the movie comes out, but then again I don't have any preconceived notions about it.

I not trying to sound like a smart-@$$. I just curious as to what folks think the movie should be.

:wave: ACE

HMGhost13

Original Poster
majority as wella s myself, believe it should be the ride...minkoff seems to be trying his hardest to do this but it's coming off a bit too...i dunno...wrong. Jennifer Tilly as Madame Leota? who thought of that?

personally, i posted about writing a script for the movie. but because this movie was being made, it didn't even take off. what they need to do is focus on the ride as a sark humor. bringing eddie murphy into this is a definate let's amke it funny. HM is funny, but very very very dark humor. the best example is the stretching room. if any, this should be an action/horror about being trapped inside, what i was thinking was four 18 year olds (best age, my age really) the pivoting point in adulthood the end of the teens, it offers more than adults. teens would explore the mansion, true adults would stay in one spot to try and get out that way. as i said teens would explore. and we can play on this dark humor. there's 999 ghosts right? well, they have room for 1K so let's see...we have 4 living beings, we only need one so...let's have some fun. what would happen after that could possible be described in my own thoughts, a combination of many typical movie hauntings: library books attack in the library, possession in the ballroom, kidnap in the conservatory. ideas i had that i had written down. the group of course would have been split up into pairs.

now, many of you will say disney can't do this. disney is family. please remember, disney has other studios in which this movie could be produced and created. my version is just one idea and it encompasses what everyone basically wants: the ride.

the ride itself is a tour of the mansion as we all know. but in reality, people wouldn't be lining up at the door to take a tour of HM, in reality no one would go near it if it was reported THAT haunted. only dumb teens ;)

ACE

Don't take this wrong HMGhost13 but your version sounds like the same old formula teenage horror movie. I think Linda Blair played in a movie called "Funhouse" that was kinda like what you described.

Don't get mad at me. It's just my opinion and we know what they say about opinions.

I think HM is a funny ride not a scary ride so I'm not sure what you mean when you say HM is dark humor, but then again I hated "The Cable Guy".

I do agree that Eddie Murphy might not be the best choice for this movie. Just can't picture it. Couldn't picture Michael Keaton as "Batman" but I think he was the best one so far.

Anyway just my .02.

Take Care,
:wave: ACE

HMGhost13

Original Poster
what i mean as dark humor is this, look at the stretching room. the only way out is his way: death. is that funny? no. that's scary as hell, but then a panel opens and you're releived. that's dark humor. i'm sure when HM first opened they had the people who screamed during that and then nervously laughed it off after wards.

also, like i said i had posted my ideas, remember-they had a haunted mansion story once Mike and Karen? the typical teen horror film. it's the only way the Mansion can be done successfully and get the audience.

oh and btw, in case i come off as outstandish or something...i'm really tired :lol:

HMGhost13

Original Poster
Originally posted by imagineer boy
Now, don't judge a book by its cover.

i've seen the teaser...any movie that mentions how many bathrooms are in the place is asking for trouble and not in a good way. they're already going for the sick humor...

cookiee_munster

i would just like to have a movie focused on the rides storyline... the bride in the attic etc. and then incorporate the other characters into the plot.

though i'd prefer if the movie was more on the phantom manor version. The movie of course would be tougue and cheek humour much like sleepy hollow.

MKCustodial

i've seen the teaser...any movie that mentions how many bathrooms are in the place is asking for trouble and not in a good way. they're already going for the sick humor...

It's a MANSION, it's supposed to have many bathrooms. I think you overlooked the joke. And also, do you honestly think Disney would make a movie about one of its chief attraction and not direct it towards families and kids? That'd be the crown jewel of dumb ideas.

Personally, all this talk about the attraction's ghost is making me like this movie more and more. The Haunted Mansion is fun, and you hear tons of laughter in there. This movie should be nothing but funny.

HMGhost13

Original Poster
Originally posted by MKCustodial
It's a MANSION, it's supposed to have many bathrooms. I think you overlooked the joke. And also, do you honestly think Disney would make a movie about one of its chief attraction and not direct it towards families and kids? That'd be the crown jewel of dumb ideas.

Personally, all this talk about the attraction's ghost is making me like this movie more and more. The Haunted Mansion is fun, and you hear tons of laughter in there. This movie should be nothing but funny.

ius it a family ride? yes. but i have heard many young kids come out crying. hell i was one of them...but adding eddie murphy to it is going to bring trouble. i mentioned him in the movie to one person who had no clue about the ride itself and he made a face and said "it's gonna stink". they're asking for trouble with eddie as the main lead. also, the other casting: jennifer tilly as madame leota:the heck?

like i said, they're asking for trouble i don't believe this movie will do good. if it does then i'm wrong, but i'm stinking by it. i'll spend my 6-7 dollars on pirates. i won't even spend my money on this movie to rent.

overlooked the joke? what? bathroom humor is the ONLY kind of jokes lately. farting, belching contests, private part jokes. for pete's sake people we can do better than this!

imagineer boy

Believe me when I say that this movie is not going to have any fart or burp jokes. Disney doesn't do that stuff. In George of the Jungle, sure. It had alot of jokes like that, but the movie was supposed to be like the cartoon which was like that. And The Santa Clause 2? Once. Comet Farts very loudly, ONCE. Micheal Eisner's not stupid, he wouldn't have Eddie Murphey jokes be in a Disney movie on his term as Chairman of the company.

Goofster

Why is the Haunted Mansion a surefire moneymaker? Because this time around, Disney picked a ride that EVERYONE who knows even a little about Disney knows. The Haunted Mansion is arguably one of the most recognizable Disney Theme Park Rides. This is also the case when it comes to Pirates of the Caribbean. The Country Bears is not the most recognizable of Disney attractions, at least not on par with Pirates of the Caribbean and Haunted Mansion.

And I agree absolutely with MKCustodial....Eddie Murphy is exactly what the Haunted Mansion needs. The Haunted Mansion isn't a terribly scary ride. There are things in the ride that are scary, but then there are also counteracting things that are not scary, but funny, that remind you how much fun you're having. Eddie Murphy will be great against a backdrop of scary ghosts and will counter the ghosts perfectly.

It's going to be a great comedy, exactly like it should be.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom