They're Baaaaaaaaack.

71dsp

I hope that doesn't happen on our next trip. We LOVED the Candlelight Processional, and I'm looking forward to it again this year!

In addition to January, we have seen South American tour groups in June and Early December. Some are family tour groups and they all seemed to behave, but the groups with only one flag holder and fifty+ teens, well they were awful. They chanted so loudly near the candlelight processional, that you could not hear the processional. It went on for about 15 minutes . . . so disrespectful.

disney4life2008

They seriously needed to wash those bugs off ASAP! That will destroy a cars clear coat. First thing I do on any road trip including wdw is find a do it yourself car wash to get the bugs off.

I drove down to Florida in May and lived throughout the state until August. Numerous car washes later throughout the summer the dead bodies remained on my car. My car is just starting to be rid of the turmoil from the insects of Florida now due to the snow of Chicago

luv

That, plus the fact that their little guts are acidic and will eat through your car's paint if they aren't cleaned off ASAP.
Everyone says that, but it hasn't been my experience with either my old car or my new one.

I don't wash them off immediately...or the next day...or the day after. If I wash the car once a week, it's a miracle. I'm really very bad about not washing the car.

They have done no damage to my cars. At all.

I think it's an urban legend, but maybe I've just been very lucky. Either way - they look horrible, all over the car, but they don't damage it.

luv

People in rental cars don't get them washed much. You don't see entire fleets of rental cars with paint falling off all over the place.

I really think this is more something people believe because they hear it so much and less of an actual problem.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
That, plus the fact that their little guts are acidic and will eat through your car's paint if they aren't cleaned off ASAP.
They are related to the creatures from Alien. Their innards will eat through anything. I'm surprised more people haven't been completely dissolved by a single mating pair.

FettFan

Everyone says that, but it hasn't been my experience with either my old car or my new one.

I don't wash them off immediately...or the next day...or the day after. If I was the car once a week, it's a miracle. I'm really very bad about not washing the car.

They have done no damage to my cars. At all.

I think it's an urban legend, but maybe I've just been very lucky. Either way - they look horrible, all over the car, but they don't damage it.

University of Florida Says: Not an urban legend.

The bugs themselves aren't acidic at first, but when they smash into the car, bacteria in their innards react with the air and create a mild acid that does eat away at clear coat and paint if not removed. The good news is that it's completely preventable...by both washing off their mortal remains or by keeping your car waxed.

It mostly affects vehicles with flat fronts. My father's jeep has pits all over the grille from the little bastards.

My Mustang...not so much.

jlsHouston

I will reply to this. They are just seagulls having a good time. If they are not behaving themselves by divebombing you while eating or by pooping all over the place or just sqawking in unison over and over again and no chaperon is around just politely ask them to stop and they will! Remember they are just there having fun like you!!!!! If they wont stop you might be in front of the Living Sea, with those seagulls!

I still don't like those birds that hang at Epcot....in fact I loathe them:banghead::mad:

luv

University of Florida Says: Not an urban legend.

The bugs themselves aren't acidic at first, but when they smash into the car, bacteria in their innards react with the air and create a mild acid that does eat away at clear coat and paint if not removed. The good news is that it's completely preventable...by both washing off their mortal remains or by keeping your car waxed.

It mostly affects vehicles with flat fronts. My father's jeep has pits all over the grille from the little bastards.

My Mustang...not so much.
When I do wash the car, I wax it. I use the old-fashioned wax-on, wax-off stuff in the tub. I think it does the best job.

This is why it's such a chore and I don't do it enough. :)

So, the car is well waxed. Maybe that's why I (and the rental car fleets) have no problem with bug guts.

Yay, Meguier's! :)

R W B

I drove down to Florida in May and lived throughout the state until August. Numerous car washes later throughout the summer the dead bodies remained on my car. My car is just starting to be rid of the turmoil from the insects of Florida now due to the snow of Chicago
Little elbow grease would help lol. I'm a huge car/truck guy. When I drove to Miami from New Orleans I actually stopped to wash all the bugs off half way through the trip lol.

EpcoTim

The seagulls started getting really bad around the last week of December, at the start of the crazy holiday week. I've definitely noticed an increase in them too.

They're out of control right now. They were flat-out attacking people eating outside at Mexico on Thursday. Seagulls and crows ganging up and ripping the food right from people's hands, crapping on people, those bastards just don't care. Nuts.

disney4life2008

They're out of control right now. They were flat-out attacking people eating outside at Mexico on Thursday. Seagulls and crows ganging up and ripping the food right from people's hands, crapping on people, those bastards just don't care. Nuts.

I think it was at Epcot last week - these birds are HUGE!!!! One almost flew on top of a womens head.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
They are wild animals doing what wild animals do....

whitethunder

Love Bugs - Dryer Sheets work amazingly well for me. During love bug season every day or two I get one wet, go outside and wipe them little bastards right off.

Seagulls - My cousin was eating a funnel cake, bird dive bombed her and took the entire thing. Then came back and pooped on her head.

That last part didn't happen, but I thought it was funny to add.

katiekinzakat

The seagulls are bad because tourists think it's hilarious to feed them. This causes the birds to associate all people with free food making it a nightmare for everybody.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom