They're Baaaaaaaaack.

emcclay

Original Poster
Tour groups were out in FULL FORCE at Epcot today.

Also, there seemed to be a huge abundance of seagulls, too. I have never witnessed so many seagulls at WDW before. They were fighting each other and dive-bombing around WS. Watch your heads..

jlsHouston

Tour groups were out in FULL FORCE at Epcot today.

Also, there seemed to be a huge abundance of seagulls, too. I have never witnessed so many seagulls at WDW before. They were fighting each other and dive-bombing around WS. Watch your heads..

I really don't like those birds that hang at Epcot....

Cmdr_Crimson

ee9509c8569322f8607c22bb246edb5794500c5a90d3f6c19172ac6909e9cdc6.jpg

MarkTwain

The seagulls started getting really bad around the last week of December, at the start of the crazy holiday week. I've definitely noticed an increase in them too.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
We had a love bug problem during a September trip a couple of years ago. They were everywhere at our resort (POR) but I never saw them at the parks.

thats due to where they live... shallow marshy ground that surrounds the resorts. Its also the same across portions of the Turnpike where it crosses marshy areas... you dip down into those areas during mating season into clouds of bugs and then when you rise above it they vanish in significant numbers.

Much-Pixie-Dust

thats due to where they live... shallow marshy ground that surrounds the resorts. Its also the same across portions of the Turnpike where it crosses marshy areas... you dip down into those areas during mating season into clouds of bugs and then when you rise above it they vanish in significant numbers.
Thanks for the information! My family said we would never stay there again during Love Bug Season and we love the resort, just not during love bug time.

luv

Love bugs are annoying sometimes, but they don't bite or sting. It's their presence that bugs people.

Lots of people say they ruin the paint on cars if you don't wash them off immediately. I do not wash them off immediately and they have never ruined the paint on my car. I'm actually really bad about washing my car and let them sit for a week or more sometimes. No damage. :)

71dsp

Are the tour groups mostly an early part of the year thing? We noticed them during each of our January trips, but didn't really see any during October or December.

zbsigpi

I will reply to this. They are just seagulls having a good time. If they are not behaving themselves by divebombing you while eating or by pooping all over the place or just sqawking in unison over and over again and no chaperon is around just politely ask them to stop and they will! Remember they are just there having fun like you!!!!! If they wont stop you might be in front of the Living Sea, with those seagulls!

Much-Pixie-Dust

Are the tour groups mostly an early part of the year thing? We noticed them during each of our January trips, but didn't really see any during October or December.
In addition to January, we have seen South American tour groups in June and Early December. Some are family tour groups and they all seemed to behave, but the groups with only one flag holder and fifty+ teens, well they were awful. They chanted so loudly near the candlelight processional, that you could not hear the processional. It went on for about 15 minutes . . . so disrespectful.

sweetpee_1993

I will reply to this. They are just seagulls having a good time. If they are not behaving themselves by divebombing you while eating or by pooping all over the place or just sqawking in unison over and over again and no chaperon is around just politely ask them to stop and they will! Remember they are just there having fun like you!!!!! If they wont stop you might be in front of the Living Sea, with those seagulls!
Thread win. It's done.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom