THESE were SPECIAL Memories...

Iteachwood

Original Poster
Everyone has memories of the trips to Disney. Memories of the kids, good, bad, funny, BUT some things happen that are just special ( at least to you)
Here are a few "special" memories we have and love to reminince about

The time were eating lunch at the OLD "Odysee Restaurant" in Epcot, where they use to have what we always called the "Clap Your Hands" show. Our son was like 2 and DW was trying to get him to eat and he was a little ansty. Pluto strolled by, sat in chair next to him and began to feed him...DS was in AWE!!!!!

We were walking back to room at CBR and we heard like a shreak, sounded from a female...before I knew it my wife had taken off to find where it was coming from( the nurse in her) happens that a maid had gotten her FOOT caught between mattress and frame ( how I dont know) and badly sprained it. My wife helped her and comforted her and called for help. The next morning a HUGE Fruit basket was sent to our room with a note from housekeeping and the maid!

The third was when my son ( again) this time 5 got LOST in port orleans, sepereated from his 13 yr old sister in game room. a cm saw him wandering and crying and was able to find out where our room was ( my wife was at the pool and let daughter take him to game room) I was luckily back at room with youngest daughter who was taking a nap. The cm knocked on the door, I looked through peephole and saw my son and this cm. Opened the door and was in shock when she told me how she had found him. I got all together and rushed to pool because by now I was sure DW was in a panic. When she saw us she started to cry and was soooo relieved.

Got any?????

BigRedDad

I was a squirt when this happened, but my mom tells it all the time. Back in the early 70s (probably 71 or 72), Mickey walked the park freely. My brother saw him walk by, held his hand, and walked off. No one knew where he was. He was strolling the park with Mickey.

Playing the Hercules pinball machine at the Contemporary arcade (mid-70s).

Getting bucked by a goat at the Fort Wilderness petting zoo.

Spending a week with my father while on my DD's first trip before he passed.

Opening weekend of Boardwalk. There was an FSU game moved to the Citrus Bowl. We crammed 15 college students in the room. We were put at the far end of the wing that was not barely open yet (towards ESPN). We had more coolers than suitcases. We were also the only ones on that wing. The CM unlocked the connecting room for us to use as well.

Walt Disney1955

If you ever needed a reason to believe in God you should have seen what I saw. Maybe this happens often at WDW, I don't know, but I had never heard of it before. While we were in line for Dumbo (yeah my wife and I rode it) we looked over the Castle and in the clouds a plane had wrote..........."G.....O.....D....". It just seemed so perfect in a way and so magical. I have no idea where this was, it could have been miles and miles away from WDW but you could see it perfectly in the clouds in Fantasyland. Just magical.

Others include my dad losing his hat on Splash Mountain in 1995. It was an old run down hat that wasn't worth a penny. I guess he underrated the velocity of the fall. Well anyway at the end of the night he goes to City Hall and reports the lost hat. Two weeks later he gets it back in the mail. Disney being Disney. In 2009 my wife misplaced her sunglasses and we can't figure out if it was on Pirates or watching Tiki birds. Well, I told her to do the same thing and in a week she got them in the mail.

I guess there are so many special memories that are too long to write but others that come to mind are my mom's reaction on Everest. She was terrified on it but for a second she thought the aborted track at the top was REAL! She thought we were going to ride right off of it!

brisem

One moment that sticks out for me was seeing first hand how incredible responsive the CM's are. In April 2004, my wife 5 months pregnant, was leaving MK after Wishes and started to have ab pains. The Manager of MK came out. He called an ambulance, got a CM to drive us to the hospital and gave me a number to call at Pop for a ride back. At around 2:30a I called and it seemed like a matter of minutes our ride was there. And when we got back to the hotel, another CM was waiting with a golf cart to take us to our room. The next morning the manager of Pop called to see if everything was alright and to see my wife needed anything.
After that night, every time we're down there, I make sure we thank the CM's, because they're so unappreciated for what they do.

Disneydreamer23

hmm well i have alot of memories probably being down there in Sept 2010 and wearing the Just engaged pins, we just got engaged and all the cms and people working rides stands food ALL THE CMS congrats us and wanted to kno the whole story made me feel like a princess

cynic710

my best memories are of 20k leagues, and really believing i went under water ;).

Also:
-the old disney village store during Christmas
-the jumping water fountains at the original figment ride
-CoP for the first time
-horizons and picking what future you wanted to see

EnchantedRose

It's the little things

The first Magical Special Memory that I have is from our first trip as a family - it was March 2009 - my son was only 17 months old & totally in LOVE with Mickey. At the Character Spot in Epcot - he finally got to meet the Mouse! The look on his face & the sparkle in his eyes - I will never forget! I cried like a baby seeing his interaction with Mickey.

On that same trip a CM did something very nice for my son. We were in Pizza Planet (it was EMPTY!) and were enjoying some Pizza. Out of nowhere this CM starts walking towards us - he was tip toeing - & had his hands behind his back. Once he got close to my son he gave him a souvenir Toy Story mug to remember his time at Pizza Planet. The gesture alone was one of those magical moments.

On our last trip - May 2010 - I was in Pixar Place getting some popcorn & frozen lemonade (best combo ever!!) & I asked if she could give me an empty popcorn bucket (the cardboard ones) so I could give my son half without him spilling the whole thing & she said sure - when she came back she gave him a filled to top one all for himself! He was very happy.

It's the small little things that make Disney trips so Magical!

Victoriarose

One I posted on another board, but my fav memory ^_^

Back in the 90s, my best friend and I were at WDW at the ASM and were on our way to the Yacht Club for dinner.

We deceided to take a taxi as we were already running late.

As I was standing at the curb I happened to look down and see a very beautiful gold ring with a white ribbon tied around it in the street.

I picked it up and asked if anyone drop it. No one had, so as we were running late I deceided to go ahead to the Yacht Club and turn it into a CM there with an explanation of where we found it.

As we walked into the YC we first noticed a large wedding party milling around.

Then I noticed that the Bride-to-be was crying her eyes out and the Groom-to-be was trying to comfort her, but looked so very sad.

My friend and I looked at the ring in my hand, then at the Bride and Groom, and then back down to my hand, and then at each other with big old grins breaking out all over our faces.

We walked over to them and I handed the Groom the ring and said, "Tinker Bell said that you all lost this and asked us to hand it to you. Have a Magical Day, now!"

And then we walked over to the restaurant for dinner.

We it came time to pay our bill, the manager came over and said, "Tinker Bell says that the bill is paid for. You all have a Magical Day, now!"

Still one of my favorite Disney Memories ^_^

muse1983

One moment that sticks out for me was seeing first hand how incredible responsive the CM's are. In April 2004, my wife 5 months pregnant, was leaving MK after Wishes and started to have ab pains. The Manager of MK came out. He called an ambulance, got a CM to drive us to the hospital and gave me a number to call at Pop for a ride back. At around 2:30a I called and it seemed like a matter of minutes our ride was there. And when we got back to the hotel, another CM was waiting with a golf cart to take us to our room. The next morning the manager of Pop called to see if everything was alright and to see my wife needed anything.
After that night, every time we're down there, I make sure we thank the CM's, because they're so unappreciated for what they do.

That's awesome, another reason to love WDW:sohappy:

Kamikaze

First trip. I was 6. Getting autographs from all the characters. Captain Hook signed by book, then took it and threw it on the ground and stomped on it.

I was inconsolable. I cried like a little baby. I'm pretty sure a CM gave me something to stop me, but I can't remember what it was for the life of me.

With it being quite a while ago now, its still my strongest memory from the World.

Robin_Hood

Several years ago my DD was five at the time, and we were visiting the Wishing Well just outside of Sleeping Beauty's castle in DLR. It was the next-to-last day, and she dropped her Princess autograph book into the moat (after her mother warned her not to drop her book, of course). The tears began to flow as she sobbed loudly. While I was trying to retrieve the book (now thoroughly soaked) from the moat, the Evil Queen from Snow White appeared and asked us to wait. She said that she would bring us a new autograph book. About ten minutes later she appeared with a dry and brand-new Princess autograph book, and most of the character autographs we had already collected. We were missing, however, Mickey's and Minnie's autograph. I trudged off to Toontown to Mickey's house, explained to the CM what had happened, and she immediately got Mickey's and Minnie's autographs for my daughter. The best part of the story though, was when I walked back into Fantasyland, I encountered Captain Hook. He saw me carrying my daughter's pink Princess autograph book, and began snickering at me. Oh the humility parents endure for their children!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom