TheOneVader's July 23-27 Report - Crowds, Break-downs, and Space Shuttles, oh my!

Yes, it's that time again, for me to post what happened while I went to Walt Disney World. Why should you read it? I have pictures, that's why! :p

JULY 23, 2005:

We got to the World on July 23, at around 11AM. We checked in at Pop Century, our room was already ready, and we unpacked before heading off for the day.

We went to the Studios at around noon, got FastPasses for Rock 'N' Roller Coaster, and headed to Lights, Motors, Action!. We walked right in via Standby and took our seats near the top. Not a bad view, I must say. I got some nice pictures of some jumps and such. However, as clouds drew nearer, the show got canceled half way through, bringing my LMA View Count to 2.5 :p .

After that we ate a Pizzeria Uno and then headed off to Downtown Disney. The Irish Pub is well under contruction at this point. I snapped a few pics of the progress...

To top the day off, we headed to Epcot and saw IllumiNations.

JULY 24, 2005:

We got up early on Sunday to head off to Animal Kingdom. Is was fairly crowded, but we managed everything we cared to see. We got on Kilimanjaro, Dinosaur, and did other various things. After that, we ate an early lunch at Pizzafari. I recommend going to lunch at Animal Kingdom at around 11AM. That way, you beat the mad rush of all of AK's guest who want to eat lunch at one of AK's many delicious counter service eateries.

After AK, we headed for Epcot. We got 4 FastPasses for Soarin' (One for each of us) for later in the day. We went around throguh Innoventions and such. and then hopped on the monorail for Magic Kingdom. we went on the TTA and saw Space Mountain with the ork lights on! I would've taken a pic, but it didn't come out. We stayed on for 3 trips around :) . We ate at Peco's Bill and then got some Dole Whip. While our homemade Dole Whip is good, Aloha Isle's is better :) .

My brother wasn't feeling good, so when we got to Epcot, he and my mom headed for the bus back to Pop. My dad and I used the FastPasses to ride Soarin' twice. We got out just before 9PM. As we were heading through the breezeway to the center of Future World, IllumiNations started. I noticed that the fireworks seem a lot louder from the breezeway, most likely because of the echoing. I decided to watch it from the Fountain of Nations, because I had never seen it from there before. It was very interesting when all the smoke came into Future World. During the Thounsand Points of Light segment with the bright white Roman Candles, the light reflected off of the smoke, and you litteraly could not see Spaceship Earth from the World Showcase side of the Fountain of Nations.

JULY 25, 2005 (My Brother's Birthday):

We went to the Extra Magic Hour for Epcot at 8AM. We got on Soarin', got FastPasses, and then went on again later. TestTrack was closed in the aerly morning. After it reopened, the line was huge.

Since it was Extra Magic Hour Day at Epcot and it was getting crowded, we decided to go to the Studios. We had lunc hat the ABC Commisary before it got terribly crowded. We were able to get on Tower of Terror, but mainly just soaked in the atmosphere.

After that, we made a stop at Wilderness Lodge (mmm, comfy chairs) and then took a break in the room. After oru break, we ate at Cape May for my brother's birthday. Oooh, Cape May was DELICIOUS. It was definately as good as, if not better than, Boma. All you can eat steamed clams, mussels, and roast beef. And don't get me started on the desserts. :slurp: :slurp: :slurp:

After that, we saw IllumiNations at Epcot. But before that, I snapped some pictures of the pyrotechnicians placing the perimeter shells in their mortars.

JULY 26, 2005:

We got up really early on the 26th so we could head out East to see space shuttle Discovery take off. As we made our way along the Bee Line, it seemed liek there were 4 mile long lines for each toll plaza, which were only 2 miles apart. :p After we finally got through all 500 of them, we saw the huge line of peopel headign to Titusville, so we went the other way to Cocoa Beach. Once we hit traffic going to Cocoa Beach, we pulled off into North Cocoa, which was only about 18 miles away from the launch pad. I didn't get very many good pictures, but my brother got some nice ones. We would've had video of it, too, but my dad forgot it was already on record, so when it took off, he pressed record again, putting it on standby. :rolleyes: After it launched, we jumped into the car and headed back. Everyone that had already missed it were trying to turn around in the emergency turn around.

After this, we went back to Epcot, went around World Showcase and such, and stayed for IllumiNations. Let's just say they've had better days. First, the lights didn't go off until after the first segment Chaos. The spotlights weren't working until around the Celebration segment. They were missing a lot of fireworks during the last 20 seconds of Celebration. And finally, the perimeter torches didn't go on until after the show ended completely.

JULY 27, 2005:

All we did on the 27th was check out of Pop and head for home.

Well, that concludes my kickass trip report. Hope you enjoyed it! Images will be up in a couple of minutes...

We were there the same days July 23-27. I encountered a few problems with the monorails, evening extra magic hours, and BTM. It was closed the morning of July 27th (yesterday)....Great trip report by the way, I was in EPCOT the 25th also. The amount of tour groups was a bit overwhelming *sarcasm* lmao...Thanks for the trip report! :)

TheOneVader

Original Poster
JULY 23, 2005:

The approaching storm that caused Lights, Motors, Action!'s cancellation:

Work on the Irish Pub at Downtown Disney:

JULY 24, 2005:

Large crowd of people at the Animal Kingdom Extra Magic Hour:

Mission: Space's wait is twice Test Track's... I've never seen that before:

Long wait for Space Mountain after it re-opened.

JULY 25, 2005:

Line for Soarin' at 8:30 was already at the Jr. Chef area:

Test Track was closed early on the 25th:

The line for Living with the Land at 9:40 was pretty long:

TheOneVader

Original Poster
JULY 25, 2005 (Continued):

The line was huge after Test Track finally opened:

The new, more realistic facade at the Studios looks much nicer, IMO:

Back at Epcot, pyrotechnicians place the perimeter shells in their mortars:

JULY 26, 2005:

Here are some of my brother's amazing shots of Space Shuttle Discovery:

WDWScottieBoy

EXCELLENT pictures and trip report. It didn't seem like you were gone long. I'm glad you enjoyed your trip and can't wait to talk to you about it!

KnK

Thanks for the pics and report! Just love seeing and reading others trips. Makes me want mine to come faster!

DisneyBride94

OH, my DH only got to see half of LAM as well do to approaching storms... it must be a pretty frequent occurrence...he was there in early May.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom