"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Then:

1541205126380.png

Now:

1541205331272.png

DuckTalesWooHoo1987

I pulled out some old dvd's I made from 2010 the other day to show the kids Toon Town. They were from 2009. I did a complete walkthrough of the MK during the middle of the day in May. I showed a 5 min wait on Small World and said "This is why May is the best time to come". I then showed a 15 minute wait, IN THE MIDDLE OF THE DAY, for Space Mtn. Now in May the parks are pretty much all destroyed and even September and October. The crowd levels are the main difference. The stress levels are also much higher. This time 10 years ago me and the wife could ride literally every ride in the MK and have plenty of time to spare. Now it's like a "pick your poison" type thing. If not for the fact that we take 3 trips a year there would be plenty of things I don't ride on certain trips because time would just get away from me.

Roy G. Dis

I pulled out some old dvd's I made from 2010 the other day to show the kids Toon Town. They were from 2009. I did a complete walkthrough of the MK during the middle of the day in May. I showed a 5 min wait on Small World and said "This is why May is the best time to come". I then showed a 15 minute wait, IN THE MIDDLE OF THE DAY, for Space Mtn. Now in May the parks are pretty much all destroyed and even September and October. The crowd levels are the main difference. The stress levels are also much higher. This time 10 years ago me and the wife could ride literally every ride in the MK and have plenty of time to spare. Now it's like a "pick your poison" type thing. If not for the fact that we take 3 trips a year there would be plenty of things I don't ride on certain trips because time would just get away from me.

Well, to be fair, May 2009 was coming right off the heels of the biggest recession in most of our lifetimes.

DuckTalesWooHoo1987

Well, to be fair, May 2009 was coming right off the heels of the biggest recession in most of our lifetimes.
It was GLORIOUS time! LOL! That was routine for back then at that time of year though. We joined the DVC in 2009 with an April use year because we always went in May because of the crowd levels at the time. It's noticeably more heavy in May now and I mean big time.

GeoffR

Then: quality, original content, customer satisfaction, guests

Now: quantity, quickest money-making oppurtunity, overlays, ip, customers, purchasing established franchises, sequels.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom