Theme park mysteries/urban legends

Kara24601

Original Poster
Does anyone have some good examples of some theme park mysteries that are actually grounded in reality/fact or have some truth. For example, the haunted mansion’s man in a web. We know there was concept art and plans for him but whether he made it into the ride at any point is still a mystery.

Other examples I can think of is what happened to the Buzzy animatronic or over at HHN the legend that the maximum carnage maze had the grisly display of famous superhero corpses throughout

Kara24601

Original Poster
I dare say there never will be. I recall seeing a photo but don’t remember where. Remember the HM was operational in Orlando from April 1971.
Right, I doubt there will ever be solid evidence either which is why I’d still consider this a mystery. Kind of like the hatbox ghost but that one did end up having photo proof and a home video tape of it

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Right, I doubt there will ever be solid evidence either which is why I’d still consider this a mystery. Kind of like the hatbox ghost but that one did end up having photo proof and a home video tape of it
Truth be known most attractions have things removed during T&A that seemed a good idea on paper that the public never see.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Truth be known most attractions have things removed during T&A that seemed a good idea on paper that the public never see.
e.g. Kilimanjaro Safaries.

The rides I took on it during park previews in early April and the Holiday season of 1998 were very different than the ones I would take even just a year later let alone what it is today.

Last edited:

JIMINYCR

If you do an online search for Disney urban legends you will find several sites that will tell I’d a variety of tales. There have been several books also written around Disney urban legends. Tom Bricker who posts on this site has an article that goes through some known legends.

Kara24601

Original Poster
Thanks, I'll check out Tom Bricker! I've tried doing a google search but I just keep getting the same urban legends like Walt's frozen head or certain ghosts that haunt different attractions. I'm looking more for things that are grounded in reality like whether Buzzy was stolen or just moved to the archives lol

VicariousCorpse

the legend that the maximum carnage maze had the grisly display of famous superhero corpses throughout
I went through the house and never remembered seeing them. There are at least 2 different walkthroughs that do not show these bodies anywhere. A few people who claimed to have worked as scare actors in the house do not remember them. The only body I have seen in the maze is some generic looking legs in the nuclear meltdown scene up above you. I personally don't think they ever existed. Also there are claims that Marvel got mad at Universal for this and would not let them use the characters for HHN but also has no actual source. Just a rumor that took on a life of its own.

Screenshot 2024-07-06 015259.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom