Theme Park Burnout?

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
Originally posted by BitO'PixieDust
We are enjoying sitting down and relaxing and letting the Magic roll over us instead of dashing for ride after ride.

It's definitely different as we get older but we're finding new ways to enjoy WDW.

That's the same with us now. We'll do a tour in the morning, and have a PS for dinner planned, but the rest of the day will be a la cart so to speak. We don't do commando anymore. If we see something we want to do we just do it, or if we feel like heading back to the resort to relax, that's fine too.

No more rushing to the next ride, and it's help us see a totally different side of the Disney experiance, and we really like it. :D

stkhill@mac.com

I am the organizer of our group--I create an itinerary, make the PS arrangements, download schedules... So, when we arrive I can relax and "Live the moment"
I LOVE the statement "Let the magic roll over us" Maybe this year instead of tips and shortcuts on my itinerary, I will have a list of relaxing statements like that one! :wave:

Yecats

Just my humble opinion. Stay away from Disney for awhile. If your feeling burnt out, it is time to take a different type of vacation. One in which you can avoid a theme park all together. I say stay away for at least 1 to 2 years. Go camping, cruising or enjoy a big city someplace like New York, Chicago, LA, etc. where there are plenty of things to do (including things for the kids). You can always do one day at an amusement park (ie. Coney Island) to get a quick roller coaster fix in. Do something completely different. Then the next year go back to Disney and see how you feel, you will probably enjoy Disney more by spending a little time away from it.

If you do like the FL area then don't do Disney. Go to Orlando and split a vacation with Universal and say the beach area around Cape Canaveral. 4 days on Universal property adding in a day at SeaWorld and maybe a day for another waterpark and maybe 3 days on the beach may also do you a bit of good next trip. Just avoid Disney for a bit then you'll enjoy it when you return after not being there in awhile.

Mr. Tom Morrow

I have experienced this strange phenomenon as well, but not with Disney. Our local thrill park is Cedar Point in Sandusky, OH, were we have had annual passes the last two seasons. We have always made the trip at least twice a summer. But by the end of last year, we were actually tired of going on all but a couple of the rides. This year we went once early in the spring and now we’re starting to have the craving so we’ll be going back this month. I guess the old adage really does apply sometimes, less is more!

But I have to say, some of these suggestions sound great. We’ll definitely have to try some of them to guard against Disney fatigue. Thanks!

Lilo

Originally posted by Yecats
Just my humble opinion. Stay away from Disney for awhile. If your feeling burnt out, it is time to take a different type of vacation. One in which you can avoid a theme park all together. I say stay away for at least 1 to 2 years. Go camping, cruising or enjoy a big city someplace like New York, Chicago, LA, etc. where there are plenty of things to do (including things for the kids). You can always do one day at an amusement park (ie. Coney Island) to get a quick roller coaster fix in.

Being a born and bred New Yorker as well a true Coney Islander (my mother and I were both born and raised there before it got bad), I wouldn't go back to Coney Island. In the tri-state area try Six Flags or Rye Playland. Out-of-towners at Coney stick out and unfortunately it's not what it used to be. True the Cyclone is awesome for an old relic, Nathan's hot dogs are great, and the Freak show is still freaky - the place is rundown and unattractive, except maybe the minor league baseball team - The Cyclones.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom