Theft - HELP!

mousespouse

Original Poster
My brother, his wife and three little children came down from the Midwest. Their rental car was broken into (smashed window, glass everywhere) while at Fantasia Golf today. Then the trunk was opened and their backpack with all their money, keys, ids, baby bottles, etc., coats, cell phones, credit cards, cameras, and video cameras was stolen. The Disney security took 25 minutes to arrive; Orange County sheriff longer. Both officers were very rude and took a "nothing we can do about it" attitude. They stated they didn't think there was a video camera on the parking lot and they didn't seem to care about even checking if there was one. Does anyone have ANY suggestions? IF the thieves threw the backpack out the window on Disney property is there someone to contact in HOPES of that happening?

Nemo14

My brother, his wife and three little children came down from the Midwest. Their rental car was broken into (smashed window, glass everywhere) while at Fantasia Golf today. Then the trunk was opened and their backpack with all their money, keys, ids, baby bottles, etc., coats, cell phones, credit cards, cameras, and video cameras was stolen. The Disney security took 25 minutes to arrive; Orange County sheriff longer. Both officers were very rude and took a "nothing we can do about it" attitude. They stated they didn't think there was a video camera on the parking lot and they didn't seem to care about even checking if there was one. Does anyone have ANY suggestions? IF the thieves threw the backpack out the window on Disney property is there someone to contact in HOPES of that happening?
Don't have any suggestions, but I can offer you a hug for what it's worth....

PaisleyMF

I feel so sorry about that. What a way to damage some ones vacation.

Now i don't think that there are cameras in the area. I am guessing that the closest are the ones at the Swan but again I don't think that they reach that far, or are facing that area.

wedway71

Sorry for their loss. I do have to ask though, why did they leave all of their money and all of their credit cards in their car?

I can see if it was the last day of the trip and did not have the hotel room anymore. I can also see leaving bottles and things of that nature-but all of their money and credit cards?

I am not bashing them, and what happend sucks,but just don't understand why someone would leave all of their money/credit cards in a car and not keep the money with them.

bgraham34

I am sorry to hear that. It is amazing the response time but it also is a minor crime in the cops eyes. But to your family its a major crime and I feel terrible for them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom