The year 2011: Spectromagic or Electrical Parade

THEMEPARKPIONEER

I like the Electrical Parade and Spectro Magic equally although the Electrical Parade was nothing without the Blue Fairy and the circus floats. They both have something different that makes them both great. My issue with the Electrical Parade is that the music will be stuck in my head all night after seeing the parade. I don't mean to fuel this thread but I am wondering if they are building a totally new parade. I heard they are building a brand new Spectro Magic. So may rumors, so many possibilities. I just hope they don't build some new age disney movie based princes and fairy infested Enchanted Lights Parade.

etwtec

Everyone knows how much I love MSEP. I think it's always been the superior parade, even in its current "midi" sounding form (I hate that Japanese Dreamlights version of "Baroque Hoedown.") But I think it's cool that they switch them out every few years because SpectroMagic and MSEP are really two quite different experiences. I hope they never stop doing that, or at least, I hope that MSEP continues to make visits every few years if it's not going to stay on a semi-permanent basis anymore. It's a real treat to see it. I wonder if WDW will ever get it's ORIGINAL version back, which apparently is sitting backstage at Hong Kong? In crates? Doing nothing! How sad.

I would imagine that DL will continue to enhance EP, perhaps eventually becoming just like Tokyo Disneyland Dreamlights.

There is always the chance that Spectro Could end up in DCA.... MAYBE that is why Spectro has been sitting backstage at the MK all this time waiting for DCA to finish all the construction? As much as I would miss Spectro at WDW, I have to admit I think Spectro would be better off on the West Coast and in the hands of TDA. GOOD things could come to Spectro then! :)

Banksy

Original Poster
Uh it's not a matter of them not wanting people expressing opinions, it's the fact that this post has been made dozens of times. Pretty sure I saw this same topic discussed no more than a week ago.

A search of the forum before posting goes a long way.

No one asked you to post something here!!!!

Thank you to all those who are still on topic.

It's interesting to see the opinions of those who love Main street.:king:

I like the Electrical Parade and Spectro Magic equally although the Electrical Parade was nothing without the Blue Fairy and the circus floats. They both have something different that makes them both great. My issue with the Electrical Parade is that the music will be stuck in my head all night after seeing the parade. I don't mean to fuel this thread but I am wondering if they are building a totally new parade. I heard they are building a brand new Spectro Magic. So may rumors, so many possibilities. I just hope they don't build some new age disney movie based princes and fairy infested Enchanted Lights Parade.

Oo it would be so cool if they had a new parade!!

I wasn't so keen on the main street soundtrack, but that may be because it's something new and i have only heard it once. I just love the start of the spectro music.

:)

Is this the blue fairy float? I think this is from Japan, but it's still pretty impressive.

RyansJapanTrip237.jpg

scoobygirl39541

I miss Spectro so much. it holds a special place in my Disney memories. Every year since it left, I've been waiting to see it up and running again. We're going this December... but its not looking good... maybe it will be back by December 2012... :shrug: :xmas:

THEMEPARKPIONEER

I have a feeling the Electrical Parade is going to stick around until the economy picks up again. I heard its more inexpensive to run and it looks it. I miss Spectro Magic to and if theres anything I miss the most it's the Music section. I would like to have one more year with the Electrical Parade. I saw Spectro Magic so many times I started to get tired of it. It's nice to have a change and seeing Spectro Magic again for the first time in a long time would be a nice fresh new start.

Banksy

Original Poster
I have a feeling the Electrical Parade is going to stick around until the economy picks up again. I heard its more inexpensive to run and it looks it. I miss Spectro Magic to and if theres anything I miss the most it's the Music section. I would like to have one more year with the Electrical Parade. I saw Spectro Magic so many times I started to get tired of it. It's nice to have a change and seeing Spectro Magic again for the first time in a long time would be a nice fresh new start.

I don't think costs is necessarily it. This is Disney we are talking about :) I think it MAYBE has something to do with universal, possibly a last minute "Bring back main street" to bring back guests and appeal to new disney goers who haven't seen the parade because of Harry Potter. I they they DEFIANTLY did it to bring back new/old disney fans, but necessarily because of universal.:king:

MaryJaneP

Silly thought but why not just fuze the 2 parades and make it The Main Street Spectromagic Parade?

Not silly, but hard to imagine because of duplicate floats, different musical themes, and fused parade would be way too long, among other obstacles (cost, personnel, etc.)

Dad 2 M & M

I was so excited to see MSEP, I did in Sept. 2010... I was so happy to have the opportunity to see it again. BUT I found through this that Spectro has a special place in my heart and I MISS IT!!! I will be there in Sept. again and wish it was going to be back BUT one more round of the EP:)
I was excited for the chance to see MSEP last Thanksgiving (having seen Spectro so many times over the last few years). It made me appreciate Spectro as well.

LilSuzy

WOW! The Blue Fairy is BEAUTIFUL! Was that from MSEP or Spectromagic? I don't remember seeing her in the new MSEP, but can't remember if she was in Spectromagic....:confused:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom