The Worst Torture....

Which is/would be the worst torture?

• Driving down I-4, coming within a few miles of WDW......and not being able to go.

Votes: 19 16.2%
  • Few days from WDW trip then - things happen, and the trip is delayed a few years.

Votes: 58 49.6%
  • ALL of your favorite attractions being down/refurbed during your trip.

Votes: 13 11.1%
  • Checking out and leaving WDW, and passing families just arriving to start their stay.

Votes: 27 23.1%

• Total voters

bethymouse

I guess I'd be most upset if I drove 14 hours and then could not go.:( If I had to wait a few years, I'd be upset, but I know I'll be returning some day.;) I don't mind the refurbs. Heck- I'm still there!:D Leaving WDW is sad, but not necessarily "torture" because I know I'll be back ( hopefully).;)

Occasional Guest

My torture is seeing the price increase coupled with having to now pay for my youngest who is three and knowing I have been priced out of going for at least a few years. Already planning the beach trip again for next year instead of WDW.

Gonzo79

Had to do it once- IDK who was more disappointed me or my DS! Stupid car broke and cost me a vacation- I STILL get mad when I see a car like it- I HATED THAT CAR:mad: Geesh, now I'm all worked up LOL!
Ouch,I'm sorry to hear about that.That truly does stink. I hope you've been able to get back there since.

HouCuseChickie

I actually don't mind seeing people arriving as I'm leaving, but having come close to having to cancel a trip less than a week out...that right there was borderline torture. It was a tough week as it was...family in town over the weekend & I had a huge cake I was making for my older one's bday. In the middle of it all, I got in a car accident...in the car we were planning on driving to WDW. While they put a rush on the repairs, it didn't look like it would be ready in time and we didn't have $ for a rental in our budget. We got it all worked out, but it was all really last minute and a total nail biter.

Jeff456

'Being a few days away from a trip, then bang! Something happens and its delayed a few years.'

For sure particularly when you book it so far in advance and are counting down, for something to happen to change that would be gutting!

Spikerdink

The last one is what I like to call the walk of shame. I love walking into the hotel and being greeted with, "Welcome Home". I see everyone else doing their walk of shame thinking that I have all this time and they are leaving. As my vacation progresses we still see people leaving but am happy as I have "x" amount of days left. Finally, its my turn for the walk of shame. The way I avoid this now is the joy of a Disney Cruise. We all check in on the same day and we all leave the same day.

I prefer to call the exit 'The Trail of Tears'....walk of shame sounds like I was asked to leave for some tawdry reason!!

While I hate being on the Trail of Tears and seeing people arriving (especially with enough groceries that you know they are in for at least a week +), but I know that not too long ago as I skipped happily around that people were leaving and looking at me with jealous peepers. So, that one evens out for me....

LowesChevy

For me its having all the excitement and anticipation wiped away by having to cancel the trip.

As much as I dislike departing day, we usually have had enough fun and are happy to finally go home. The families just starting the vacation-well that was me a little over a week ago! :)

NeedMoreMickey

Canceling the trip would be the worst for me because it would necessarily mean something bad enough had to happen to warrant canceling my trip - that's a double-bad. And, then I would feel guilt on top of that for feeling resentment for having to cancel my Disney trip when something presumably serious has happened. It's almost a triple-bad. That's just a doozy right there.

Since I had to cancel a trip just around 8 or 9 days before we were supposed to leave I picked this option. You are correct it was double bad because of a death in the family and about the guilt & resentment. At least we did get a full refund, advantage of booking room only, even a refund for the Halloween party tickets when I explained to the CM my problem.

EOD K9

I prefer to call the exit 'The Trail of Tears'....walk of shame sounds like I was asked to leave for some tawdry reason!!

While I hate being on the Trail of Tears and seeing people arriving (especially with enough groceries that you know they are in for at least a week +), but I know that not too long ago as I skipped happily around that people were leaving and looking at me with jealous peepers. So, that one evens out for me....

Trail of Tears is fine, but if you look back on history, the Trail of Tears is an Indian reference.
It is to remember and commemorate the survival of the Cherokee people, forcefully removed from their homelands in Georgia, Alabama, and Tennessee to live in Indian Territory, now Oklahoma. They traveled by foot, horse, wagon, or steamboat in 1838-1839. It is a route they traveled. Being as I have a devious mind, that's the reason I like WoS....just because of the Tawdriness (is that a word)?

Sloan

I had to cancel a trip less than 24 hours before I was supposed to arrive, as I had to prepare for an arbitration that was set at the last minute! I'd already 'checked in' on-line, and had to cancel that and a bunch of dining reservations (Jiko, Cali. Grill, Citricos ...) It was terrible, but at least it was not years before I was able to re-schedule. (it was made worse when the arbitration then did not go forward ....)

WDWVolFan

Seeing people excited to arrive when you've received your GTFO (get the F out) packet is extraordinarily depressing because they were you a week earlier. I'm still recovering from February 13th....lol
That was tough...the day we were leaving as I was checking out there was a family checking in and they were talking about all the things they wanted to do.
The feeling of "that was us a week ago!" is awful!

WDWVolFan

Another tough one:
After you leave and you're driving home from Orlando or going to the Airport and you see all the signs of "Come Back Soon" and you know it will not be soon enough.
When we left last yea, I just wanted to get the heck out of the Orlando area because it hurt too much to see all the signs saying stuff like turnaround Disney world is that way and things like that!

acishere

The worst was when I already boarded the plane to Orlando and they delayed the flight over an hour. Was such a tease.

Soarin2u

I've have, in different ways, dealt with all of these.

Last year, Soarin' broke down. Luckily on the last day we reached Epcot in time to hit Soarin' and leave! Mt Everest had the same issue.

It doesn't bother me to much to see other people come in. It makes me actually happy, to see people come excited and happy. The only time it gets me down is at the hotel. (We spend a night at a hotel and then head to the airport in the morning) The feeling at the hotel is just not the atmosphere I want. It's feels so... Not Disney. At least at home, its home, but a Hotel.... feels like we never even went. :(

Never had to Delay one but my parents can't easily find us going anytime soon. Maybe... Never again. :.( :( My time here in Japan has been one of a life time, I could not pass it up. Even though I got a Scholarship, we still forked over 2K, for plane tickets and extra money. To much money for a Disney trip, and now that my sister is off to college, our financial issues are cramped. Hopefully we can go again, or maybe Korea has my name on it. I don't know, but all I know is that the future holds something great. :)

Here is all I have to say. The company that sent me here wanted all the students to be on a flight together TO Japan, thus a lot of us met in Orlando. Pure torture. I kept joking, "Japan can wait a day, lets got to Disney." I got a couple of mean glances from other students. 0.o Hehe well, it was worth a try. :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom