The World vs. The Cruise Line

normbalko

I need help!!! Me and my wife took our first trip to WDW in Jan. 2003. It was my first trip there, her second. Anyways, as expected, I have been obsessed with the park and going back as soon as possible!! Our original plan was to go back in Jan. 2005 (only 11 months away!), but now my wife has mentioned that she would really like to go on a cruise, maybe the Disney Cruise. I really have no interest in deterring my trip back to WDW any longer than it already is, and I just cant' fathom how spending all that time on a boat couldn't be more well spent in the parks. Anyone out there who has done both and can give me some feedback (or maybe some amunition for my side of the argument!) Thanks!

http://www.normbalko.com/heresyourtickettowdw.html

TIGGER-FAN

We are in Fort Walton Beach, it is in the panhandle between pensacola and panama city. We where at the world over Thanksgiving and stayed at the Grand Floridian. Awsome hotel but the neat part was staying on the monorail loop!

Upvote 0

normbalko

Original Poster
wow, you reply fast! When we went last January we stayed at Carribean Beach, and had a blast. I've honestly never had so much fun in one week in my life. It was my first time there, Sarah had been there a couple times when she was younger, but we both had a blast. REALLY can't wait to go back, which is why the whole cruise thing is kind of disturbing, but from the sounds of it, that would be fun too.

Upvote 0

TIGGER-FAN

We decided to go on a cruise this year to take a break from Disney (don't get me wrong, we love it there, but there is so much else out there to see). The cruise we are going on stops at Grand Cayman, Cozumel, Costa Maya, and Belize. They have enough shore tours and activities to keep you busy all the time. Plus the clubs on the boats are open till the wee hours of the morning. Another reason for our cruise is Sandy and I both SCUBA dive and have been wanting to dive Cozumel which we will do. The tour we will take has a 100 ft. deep wall dive and a 40 ft. deep reef dive.

Upvote 0

normbalko

Original Poster
we had an "old fashioned" camera, but i bought a digital camera shortly after that. i'm sure it would be easy to go nuts at disneyworld with a digital camera! can't wait to use mine there!

Upvote 0

TIGGER-FAN

You can go crazy very easy with a digital. I will e-mail you more to your web address instead of taking up room here. Also unfortunetly, I have to get back to work. Talk to you soon!

Upvote 0

raven

Originally posted by normbalko
I need help!!! Me and my wife took our first trip to WDW in Jan. 2003. It was my first trip there, her second. Anyways, as expected, I have been obsessed with the park and going back as soon as possible!! Our original plan was to go back in Jan. 2005 (only 11 months away!), but now my wife has mentioned that she would really like to go on a cruise, maybe the Disney Cruise. I really have no interest in deterring my trip back to WDW any longer than it already is, and I just cant' fathom how spending all that time on a boat couldn't be more well spent in the parks. Anyone out there who has done both and can give me some feedback (or maybe some amunition for my side of the argument!) Thanks!

http://www.normbalko.com/heresyourtickettowdw.html

That's like comparing apples to oranges. They are so different from each other. Both are great, but I would take the World anyday.

Upvote 0

kidbiz

Cruise vs. WDW

My family and I did the 3 day WDW and 4 day cruise. Next time we would choose one or the other. Having cruised before we found that other cruise lines offer better service and attention. The cruise was very child driven. No one was at the adult pool or in the adult bars. You feel guilty if you leave your child and try to have fun as a couple. We tried the kids club, but all they wanted to do was be with us as we were having more fun. Our kids were 5 and 7 at the time. We loved the private beach and could have stayed another day. We love the idea of a cruise but would choose another line and itinerary if we went again. We would definitely do WDW before a DCL vacation. Just my opinion. BTW Love this forum!

Upvote 0

normbalko

Original Poster
Finally! A couple people coming out to support my side of the debate! It would have made this a lot easier if EVERYONE would have said "I'd take WDW over the cruise anyday", but I appreciate the feedback! :)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom