The World Showcase: How many of the countries have you been to? Which is the most authentic, least authentic.

Goofyernmost

Italian food is great and varied but the quality in Italy can really very depending on where you are and what you’re eating. Try to stay away from tourist places with English ‘menu turisticos’ on display and try to eat where the locals do if you can. Like a lot of places the local specialty is just that so while Naples has amazing pizza like no where else dont expect the same in Venice where its only made for tourists

If you love gelato my other tip is check the colour of the pistachio- it should be muddy. Bright green is a sign of artificial ingredients
likely to be in the other flavours too.
I've had pizza in Naples, well not exactly Naples but just outside of Pompeii. I had a dinner in Venice in a local restaurant right after attending a sting quartet concert in a 600 year old church. Neither the church or the Restaurant looked obviously like what they were. The front of the church was only about 15 ft. Wide and the inside ballooned out to about 50 ft. wide once you walked down a narrow corridor. The food was delicious, but really didn't seem like anything we had here in the states. We also had more then our fill of gelato but didn't get pistachio so I didn't notice that at all. I had gelato in Venice, and Rome and Florence. In each case from a street vendor.

Sbk1234

The only part of Italy I've visited is the north. I expected that the cuisine would be different from the Italian-American version, but was surprised by the very sharp degree of difference. The food was closer to regional French or Austrian than what we consider "Italian" in the US.
We have a student from Milan living with us. He won’t even eat spaghetti if we make it, because he says it’s not authentic. But to be honest, I can’t tell much of a difference when he cooks his “authentic “ Italian food.

Time Is Now

I took this picture of a church while in Freiburg, Germany a few years ago. I only recently realized that this was the inspiration of the right side of the Germany pavilion at Epcot.
Overall, I would say the Germany pavilion is an excellent representation of the Bavarian region of the country. Really dead on. The French pavilion is an excellent representation as well.

Attachments

• IMG_3656.jpeg
    IMG_3656.jpeg
    182.5 KB · Views: 38

Heppenheimer

I took this picture of a church while in Freiburg, Germany a few years ago. I only recently realized that this was the inspiration of the right side of the Germany pavilion at Epcot.
Overall, I would say the Germany pavilion is an excellent representation of the Bavarian region of the country. Really dead on. The French pavilion is an excellent representation as well.
I would further specify that it mostly represents the Franconia ("Franken" in German) region of Bavaria.

EngineerMom

Often in travel we are told not to eat the streetfood. This is bad advice. On Donghuamen Street in Beijing i had grasshoppers, silkworms, and scorpions. It caused me no issues. This along with many other foods around the world. Streetfood is some of the best food. Next time dont listen. If its cooked in hot oil, youll be ok.
I agree with you and if we had been to China on our own we would have eaten the street food. I have eaten it all over the world. BUT we were on a school trip and didn't want to set a bad example for the kids when the teacher told them not to eat the street food.

Goofyernmost

Often in travel we are told not to eat the streetfood. This is bad advice. On Donghuamen Street in Beijing i had grasshoppers, silkworms, and scorpions. It caused me no issues. This along with many other foods around the world. Streetfood is some of the best food. Next time dont listen. If its cooked in hot oil, youll be ok.
I don't think my digestive system would have a problem with that menu, however, I don't think my survival and gag reflex would allow me to swallow it, so it would cause no harm.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom