The World in Our World - A Picture of the Day Thread

Skipper Dan

Original Poster
I have been wanting to make this thread for a long time, and I am so thankful that no one beat me to it. I think it'll be fun, and will hopefully run for a long time.

Ever since I was a kid, I have compared things to Walt Disney World. One day, a few years ago, I was noticing how the curtains above the foyer windows in our house, have faces in the elegant patterns. It reminded me of something that would be in the Haunted Mansion, if it were real. Then I had an idea. 'I should go on WDWMagic, and make a thread where everyone can include pictures of things that resemble, or remind them of things/details, in Disney.' So after a few years, I'm finally getting around to it.

Near my house, is an out-of-place mini-golf course. Don't let it reflect my town - Hendersonville, TN - it's actually a great, nice community just outside of Nashville, and this place is so random, and weird. Anyway, occasionally I will take a shortcut home, that runs directly behind the golf course. There is a mini castle there, that can be seen from the road. Ever since the unveiling of the FLE plans, it has reminded me of the concept art of Beast's castle. It doesn't look anything like it, but just reminds me of it, and makes me think about it. It was a gorgeous day today, and finally I decided to pull over, and get a picture of it.

So, as the christening of this thread, I post this picture!

photo-1.jpg

BeastConcept.jpg

Beast.jpg

I have other pictures of things that I've seen in my travels - Luigi's Casa Della Tires, and our curtains - that I'll post later, once I find them!

I hope you guys enjoy this, and if you have, or when you find anything in your world, that reminds you of Disney World, post it! This should be fun!

Keep movin' forward!
- Tyler Dean :cool:

bmarkelon

Fun idea for sure, I'd like to see some other pictures too! I do have to say that I see "hidden Mickeys" all over the place. Hehe.

inluvwithbeast

So I wish this would have been around like 2 weeks ago. The CP people were on campus to give their presentations and there were Mickeys drawn on the sidewalks ALL over campus.

WDW2010

Fun idea for sure, I'd like to see some other pictures too! I do have to say that I see "hidden Mickeys" all over the place. Hehe.

As have I, I was driving around with my girlfriend last year during summer time and seen an office max truck. Well, this staples truck had 3 rubber band balls that made a perfect hidden mickey :lol:

* Found a picture online

[
139910_c_img.jpg

:lol:

forevermickey

My 5 year old is always seeing and smelling things that say remind her of WDW. I will try to be on top of these things and hope to have a camera at the time of her new found.:)

bmarkelon

My 5 year old is always seeing and smelling things that say remind her of WDW. I will try to be on top of these things and hope to have a camera at the time of her new found.:)
Funny you mention the smelling Disney. One time recently, my DD 6 got into my car and said it smelled like Disney. I had just bought a new Yankee Candle Sun and Sand air freshener.

Another funny one, I was just changing my baby girl's stinky diaper and my words were "Bree, your diaper smells like the Monorail!"

VDisneyFan18

I always do that too.:ROFLOL::ROFLOL: I was once in a grocery store and it smelled just like the land:p:p:lol::animwink::hammer:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom