The Wonderful World of Disney

tracyandalex

stitch321 said:
Does anyone here have any of these shows and cartoons on tape or DVD. I have a ton of shows that I have burned to DVD and would love to trade if anyone is interested.

:)

i was at best buy the other day and i saw some of the old cartoons on dvd by character

sittle

The trouble with the Disney Channel

Heya kids!!

I am a fan of animation as well. And even though I am Canadian and the Disney Channel has only been available on certain satellite providers since the mid to late 90's, I too am familiar with excellent Disney programming from the days gone by. CBC (the Canadian Broadcasting Channel) used to carry Disney shows on Sunday afternoons, and usually a feature movie (IE: Swiss Family Robinson, Dumbo or a straight to Video type) around 6 pm. They too included the friendly Eisner introductions, and I miss them as well.

The Canadian counterpart on Regular Cable that is basically owned by Disney is the "Family Channel", it does devote a good chunk of its day (4 to 6 hours) broadcasting such classic cartoons as Gummi Bears, Rescue Rangers, Ducktales, and Talespin. When it nears certain holidays it will cull some of the great Disney Shorts that are becoming available for limited times on the "Walt Disney Treasures" collection. (IE: near the olympics you can usually see an hours worth of short featuring Goofy on Sports). We don't get the Zorro type broadcasts.

We do unfortunately get the tween drama/comedy series' like All That, Lizzie Maguire, and Zoey Busiek. These have been multiplying like mice in Australia, and we don't get see nearly as many of the classic cartoons or other shorts that Disney used to take such pride in producing.

I would like to propose a new series of cartoons featuring the original characters in new shorts and animated more carefully than House of Mouse. Don't get me wrong House of Mouse is a good filler, but can hardly hold a flame to even some of the earliest Mickey Shorts (ie: 1935's Two Gun Mickey) which are made incredibly well even by todays standards.

Give todays children a new spin on the classic characters, none of this Rollie Pollie Ollie, or Teachers Pet crap. And especially no more "All That" type shows. Let the kids be kids again, and give them something fun to watch. It's worked for years, cartoons have entertained children since the 50's. And for the love of Pete, make them fun and quit worrying about all the political correctness.. well within reason of course.

Those are my two cents.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom