Trip Report ** COMPLETED** The Wine and Dine and Halloween Time (in August) Trip Report

Hey guys! Sorry for falling off the face of the Earth for a few weeks. Its taking me a little bit longer to recover from my eye surgery than I would have liked so I still have a hard time seeing my computer screen (plus I actually had to go back to full time work :):joyfull:). Anyway, I am going to *slowly* work on my TR! Also half my pictures may or may not be blurry and I still couldn't tell you :p

Who?
The usual cast...my Mom (Mary) and I (Megan)
PhotoPass_Visiting_STUDIO_404115363867.JPG

When?
August 29-September 3, 2017

Where?
The Polynesian - Club Level (thanks to a very last minute discount I happened to find after stalking the website for months)

Why?
This trip was planned before our other summer trips :) We wanted to go to Disney right before I started back to work plus thanks to things happening earlier than ever it gave us the opportunity to experience Halloween and Food and Wine :)

Day 1 August 29, 2017
This morning we got up fairly early and got ready for the airport. Unlike our last trip my Mom did not have to work this day so we got an extra full day in the World :)
I was still (am still...) recovering from my eye surgery 3 days prior so I could not wear makeup yet. Get used to seeing my very light sensitive squinty eyes as well :joyfull::p
DSC_6050.jpg

DSC_6051.jpg

We got to the airport, got our bags checked and got through security very quickly so we headed to get some breakfast. Bagel time :)
DSC_6054.jpg

DSC_6056.jpg

My Mom took the time to take this lovely picture of me experiencing some residual eye pain :p
file-4.jpg

We usually get fountain pop with our breakfast but their machine wasn't working so we headed to Tim Hortons instead. The worker insisted I try White Hot Chocolate...it was OK but not great :) My Mom got some iced tea
DSC_6057.jpg
DSC_6058.jpg

While waiting for our flight to board there was a girl sitting across from us who was SO nervous and asked me if she had time to go to the bathroom before we boarded....mind you we were boarding in 25 minutes :joyfull::joyfull:
Anyway, soon enough it was time to board our plane :)
Orange Magic Bands for the win! We choose orange for Halloween :)
DSC_6062.jpg

The gang was ready to fly
DSC_6065.jpg

Next up: we land!

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 3: August 31, 2017
This morning we got up, ready and headed to our fist destination of the day :)
We always say we are over character meals...but 1900 Park Fare and its delicious food was calling to us so we made a reservation for breakfast since we didn't have any plans until the evening!
We almost took the monorail but decided to not be lazy and walk :)
It was veryyyy steamy!
DSC_6434.jpg

Humidity hair...dont care :rolleyes:
DSC_6435.jpg
DSC_6436.jpg
DSC_6437.jpg

DSC_6439.jpg

We had a few minutes before our reservation so we enjoyed the lobby :)
DSC_6440.jpg
DSC_6441.jpg

DSC_6444.jpg

I was obsessed with this lace wall/frame....I wish it photographed better
DSC_6445.jpg

DSC_6447.jpg

Next up: 1900 Park Fare

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 3 continued
We checked in and waited in the random hall
DSC_6449.jpg

Soon enough we were seated and we got food right away....some random food pictures for you!
DSC_6450.jpg

The reason my Mom loves 1900 Park Fare: berries and real whipped cream for waffles
DSC_6451.jpg

Clearly I don't like my food touching!
DSC_6453.jpg

First up was Mary Poppins! I got my makeup back...but didn't lose the squinty eyes yet :joyfull:
DSC_6454.jpg

DSC_6456.jpg

Alice was up next and decided to sit down with my Mom for a chat
DSC_6457.jpg

Tigger was right behind Alice and he came to our table and didn't realize at first that Alice was sitting there. It was so funny! Alice pretended to take a selfie with him and ask for his autograph :hilarious:
DSC_6458.jpg

DSC_6461.jpg

DSC_6464.jpg

I told Tigger I dressed like him for Halloween and he was thrilled :)

Next up: more 1900 Park Fare

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 3 continued
We tried to leave before the Mad Hatter because we don't particularly care for him but he snuck up to our table :joyfull:
DSC_6467.jpg

DSC_6468.jpg

I love that they have a PP picture with Pooh now...so cute!
PhotoPass_Visiting_WDWRESORTSANDMORE_404577842728.JPG

Overall we really enjoyed our meal...and the character interactions were great too which is a plus!
After eating we headed to the GF bus stop and caught a bus to DS for some shopping :)
We got there a little bit before opening so we took some pictures :rolleyes:
DSC_6472.jpg
DSC_6473.jpg

DSC_6474.jpg

DSC_6476.jpg

DSC_6477.jpg
DSC_6479.jpg

DSC_6482.jpg

Next up: more Disney Springs!

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 3 continued
More assorted Disney Springs pictures :)
Both my Mom and my Dad insist Dopey looks like Yoda
DSC_6483.jpg

These birds were just chilling in a line :)
DSC_6484.jpg

Rainforest cafe
DSC_6487.jpg

Anyway after taking all these pictures we did indeed shop before heading back to the Polynesian (well we actually stopped at the Contemporary because my Mom wanted to buy herself a rain coat). Some Mousekeeping pictures :)
DSC_6491.jpg
DSC_6492.jpg
DSC_6493.jpg

I wrote down: pool, snack, lobby, snack, porch, snack :joyfull::joyfull: Apparently we ate a lot of snacks in the lounge this day!
After doing a whole lot of relaxing we headed to AK around 4:30 pm
Not sure why this is so off centered :)
DSC_6496.jpg
DSC_6497.jpg

There was a Bills game on this day...hence the outfits :)
PhotoPass_Visiting_AK_404590987078.JPG
PhotoPass_Visiting_AK_404590987081.JPG

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 3 continued
Our first FP was for Everest so we headed over there :)
DSC_6500.jpg

PhotoPass_Visiting_AK_8091832321.jpeg

It started raining just as we finished the ride so we waited inside the gift shop for it to calm down before we headed to dinner.
Where was dinner???
DSC_6502.jpg

I still have NO idea how I convinced my Mom to eat here!!! But, somehow I did so here we were :) (For those of you who do not normally ready my TRs my Mom is a very picky eater).
DSC_6502.jpg
DSC_6504.jpg

Couldn't resist this light fixture picture :)
DSC_6505.jpg

DSC_6507.jpg

Soon enough we were seated. It was soooo pretty inside!
My Mom at our table :)
DSC_6508.jpg

How she really felt about eating at Yak and Yeti :)
DSC_6509.jpg

DSC_6511.jpg

Our view was pretty cool :)
DSC_6513.jpg

Next up: Yak and Yeti :)

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 3 continued
We were still pretty full from breakfast and the lounge snacks...plus my Mom was afraid to eat here...so we decided to split :)
We shared the house salad: Romaine and iceberg lettuce, sesame seeds and Asian dressing
DSC_6515.jpg

I have no idea why my Mom kept saying this but she kept insisting she was "afraid" of soy sauce and didn't want it to be in any foods so I picked the most benign thing on the menu (even though I was pretty sure almost nothing actually had soy sauce in it) :joyfull:
Crispy Honey Chicken!
DSC_6516.jpg

In the end we both liked this (although I don't think my Mom would admit it). The chicken was nice and tender, the veggies were good and the brown rice was delicious! I would like to say we will be back....but if I go back it will probably be without my Mom :hilarious:
DSC_6517.jpg

I looked at the time when we left and realized we could pop in and see the Lion King before our next FP so we headed over there
DSC_6520.jpg

DSC_6522.jpg

DSC_6524.jpg
DSC_6526.jpg

We only had 3 singers for some reason
DSC_6528.jpg
DSC_6532.jpg

We also only had 3 tumble monkeys
DSC_6536.jpg

Next up: more AK

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Did you see the last Lion King show of the day? If so, 3 singers and 3 tumble monkeys seems to be a pattern. :oops:

Ah I can't remember...it was either the last or the second last. Bummer. I feel like its really missing something without the Tumble Monkeys

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 3 continued
Some more random blurry eyed Lion King pictures :joyfull:
DSC_6540.jpg
DSC_6542.jpg

DSC_6543.jpg
DSC_6548.jpg

Ahaha I just remembered there was this little girl in front of me who was obsessed with my nail polish on my toes and kept trying to touch my feet (I would assume because it was sparkles and maybe she wanted to see what it felt like). :joyfull::joyfull::joyfull: No clue how her parents missed that whole exchange while I kept trying to move my feet. I let her look at my nail polish on my hands instead (feet are gross, especially feet in 90 degree weather) :rolleyes:
Anyway, the show was awesome as usual and after it was over we headed over to Pandora for our next FP.
Pictures really do not do it justice!
DSC_6557.jpg
DSC_6558.jpg
DSC_6560.jpg

PhotoPass_Visiting_AK_404594970545.JPG

Our FP was for Flight of Passage and we loved it again (despite a very long FP line)! It is a bummer that the 3D glasses are kind of big though...they seem hard to keep on your face!
We timed this FP on purpose so that it would be dark out when we finished! We were dying to see Pandora at night!
DSC_6563.jpg

Next up: more Pandora

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 3 continued
I'm surprised any of these pictures turned out :joyfull: As bad as my eyes were during the day they were 100 times worse at night...especially when in a very low light area like Pandora. I can not wait to go back and actually see it :hilarious:
From what I could see, though, it was beautiful!
Actually now that I look the pictures aren't that great :joyfull:
DSC_6565.jpg
DSC_6567.jpg
DSC_6569.jpg
DSC_6570.jpg
DSC_6573.jpg

DSC_6581.jpg

After looking around for a bit we had one FP left so we headed over towards the safari
DSC_6585.jpg

It was dead back in this area so it was no surprise we had a very short wait for the safari!
It was obviously very dark so these are the best two pictures I could get :happy:
DSC_6592.jpg
DSC_6597.jpg

There were actually more animals out than I thought there would be. I, of course, could barely see them but I don't think having good eyes would have helped me much - it was just that dark! That was probably our first and last nighttime safari :joyfull: I wanted to make sure we tried it but it is definitely much better in the daytime. Plus, my Mom was terrified :rolleyes::rolleyes: She didn't like not being able to see the barriers!
After our safari we headed out of the park and back to the Polynesian. We made it back to the lounge in time for desserts so grabbed a few then it was off to bed!

Next up: Epcot Day!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom