Trip Report ** COMPLETED** The Wine and Dine and Halloween Time (in August) Trip Report

Hey guys! Sorry for falling off the face of the Earth for a few weeks. Its taking me a little bit longer to recover from my eye surgery than I would have liked so I still have a hard time seeing my computer screen (plus I actually had to go back to full time work :):joyfull:). Anyway, I am going to *slowly* work on my TR! Also half my pictures may or may not be blurry and I still couldn't tell you :p

Who?
The usual cast...my Mom (Mary) and I (Megan)
PhotoPass_Visiting_STUDIO_404115363867.JPG

When?
August 29-September 3, 2017

Where?
The Polynesian - Club Level (thanks to a very last minute discount I happened to find after stalking the website for months)

Why?
This trip was planned before our other summer trips :) We wanted to go to Disney right before I started back to work plus thanks to things happening earlier than ever it gave us the opportunity to experience Halloween and Food and Wine :)

Day 1 August 29, 2017
This morning we got up fairly early and got ready for the airport. Unlike our last trip my Mom did not have to work this day so we got an extra full day in the World :)
I was still (am still...) recovering from my eye surgery 3 days prior so I could not wear makeup yet. Get used to seeing my very light sensitive squinty eyes as well :joyfull::p
DSC_6050.jpg

DSC_6051.jpg

We got to the airport, got our bags checked and got through security very quickly so we headed to get some breakfast. Bagel time :)
DSC_6054.jpg

DSC_6056.jpg

My Mom took the time to take this lovely picture of me experiencing some residual eye pain :p
file-4.jpg

We usually get fountain pop with our breakfast but their machine wasn't working so we headed to Tim Hortons instead. The worker insisted I try White Hot Chocolate...it was OK but not great :) My Mom got some iced tea
DSC_6057.jpg
DSC_6058.jpg

While waiting for our flight to board there was a girl sitting across from us who was SO nervous and asked me if she had time to go to the bathroom before we boarded....mind you we were boarding in 25 minutes :joyfull::joyfull:
Anyway, soon enough it was time to board our plane :)
Orange Magic Bands for the win! We choose orange for Halloween :)
DSC_6062.jpg

The gang was ready to fly
DSC_6065.jpg

Next up: we land!

Doc Disney

Original Poster
You had a busy but fun last morning. 10 rides is very good but @wdisney9000 has you beat with 11. I will try and break his record come January.;)
I did notice that your mom had less cute cupcakes because you were staying club level. Where are you staying on your next trip?

Haha I feel like I have definitely done more than 11 before :) She did certainly had less cupcakes. We are actually staying at the Grand Floridian (only because it was literally the ONLY resort available....a little bit out of our price range haha)

Doc Disney

Original Poster
I've been away from TRs for too long! Finally had a chance to start catching up. As always I loved hearing about all the fun you and your mom have at Disney. Creme brûlée! My favorite. Both kinds looked delicious! Super jealous that you got to meet up with @blgauger! You are so lucky to be heading back in under 3 weeks. Both MNSSHP and MVMCP are on my Disney Bucket List. Until then, I will continue to enjoy your reports.

Thanks for reading!!! You will definitely have to check out the parties at some point :) They are pretty cool!

Doc Disney

Original Poster
What a great trip for you and your mom. That was a lot you covered on your last day. It had to take the sting out of leaving just a little bit. :D

It certainly did. Sometimes when people say they don't like to rope drop I can't help but argue. At least at the MK you can definitely get a ton done in the mornings!

Rista1313

I'm here late.. but I like that I got to read the whole TR at once! Your mom and you are adorable. I loved your costumes. Such a cute idea with shirts and cute little skirts!

I hope you eyes are better by this time!

Thanks for your TR!

PS. I thought your sandals were cute and smart!

Last edited:

Doc Disney

Original Poster
I'm here late.. but I like that I got to read the whole TR at once! Your mom and you are adorable. I loved your costumes. Such a cute idea with shirts and cute little skirts!

I hope you eyes are better by this time!

Thanks for your TR!

PS. I thought your sandals were cute and smart!

Thank you! We like the skirts because they are good in heat :) My eyes are not 100% but I can see much better now! Thanks for the comment about the sandals...I still don't know how I feel about them :joyfull:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom