The WDW website is worthless.

BaconPancakes

Original Poster
I'm eligible to do online check-in as of today. I went and entered in all of the required information on their website, then pressed submit. Surprise, surprise, I get a server error stating it's too busy. So I went back and tried again, and now it just takes me to a "sorry" page over and over. I really don't feel like having to call in to do this! So frustrating! You would think a multi-billion dollar enterprise would have their crap together... :banghead:

BaconPancakes

Original Poster
I'm staying on DVC points, so an upgrade is probably unlikely. I wanted to make sure I got a room closest to the Downtown Disney walkway, and I heard you had to do online check-in to get the best shot.

HolleBolleGijs

I'm staying on DVC points, so an upgrade is probably unlikely. I wanted to make sure I got a room closest to the Downtown Disney walkway, and I heard you had to do online check-in to get the best shot.

While online check-in probably helps, I really don't think it matters if you do it 60 days in advance or 30 days or even 10. From what I understand, rooms are assigned the day before at the earliest, and it doesn't matter when you put in your request, so long as it's there. It also helps to call them and add the request (in addition to online check-in), because it's noted in a different place and you're more likely to get it if you do both.

It's unfortunate how awful the website is. If it weren't for constant server issues and stuff, it could actually be a really great site. I like the set-up (e.g. how easy it is to modify existing reservations), but it just takes so long to actually accomplish anything.

HolleBolleGijs

Hmm maybe I will call ahead and put in my special request as well! Thanks!

No problem! I've never actually done it myself (I'm planning for the first time instead of my parents, so we'll see this year), but from what I've read on the boards, it's always better to call it in and request it during online check-in! Hope you get what you want :)

iluvMainStMagic

I have started doing the online check in in the past couple of years and really like it, but I still make sure our requests are also noted on our reservation since the online doesn't have an option for some of my requests (for example, if there are a couple of buildings that we would prefer to be in). Our awesome Travel Agent makes sure it's on our reservation for us. :D There are still no guarantees, but we have done what we can, and we know that they will do what they can, to place us where we would like to be.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
The only real "time" online check in saves you is if you happen to be unlucky enough to arrive at the same time that DME deposits 30 guests at the resort (or I suppose, if you're one of those 30 guests yourself!)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom